Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Hextable...you're quite a bit away from me.....

it's chilly here...but not fweezin like....just chilly...

Now down to -0.4. I would expect to be a degree colder than Sidcup.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

So do we want this first front to move through quicker?

The quicker a front moves through the more powerful the Precipitation. It's a Warm front, things will warm up behind it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

To my very untrained eye,it`s looking like all those various bands of ppn are going to combine and head south?

That possible?

yes everything is converging towards London from East, West and North, what happens then ?

Guest bjaykent

To my very untrained eye,it`s looking like all those various bands of ppn are going to combine and head south?

That possible?

It does appear to have tilted West, amazing the two can only be about 50 miles apart now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Good luck peeps, might wake up to a surprise tomorrow -)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

yeh i asked the same convergance question a while ago but got lost in the furore of this forum. I'dguess they would 'combine' creating supercells.

And that would bring?...... Snow carnage????

Posted

Well, here's my favourite snow song:

Snowbound by Genesis...

Any song that has the line "Hey, there goes a snowman" in its chorus wins my vote...

I'm playing it at the moment to send positive snow vibes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

yeh i asked the same convergance question a while ago but got lost in the furore of this forum. I'dguess they would 'combine' creating supercells.

What you mean thunder snow?

If so that would be nice but I think unlikely.

Posted

Re Monday, the Meto/BBC first predicted rain/sleet for the SE yesterday morning, long before we had a clue here about the warm sector.. The Meto must have access to significantly more information than us the general public? That was a very good call in hindsight..

Posted

You're temp will always be a little lower than here....but, honestly....not even a frost or bit of moisture in the air....cars/roads/paths/etc all bone dry...that's all i'm saying...sorry if i sounded sniffy...

Posted

Im not a weather expert - but do have a Physics degree - im guessing the moisture would combine creating a higher density of precipitation which would equal heavier snow - i could (and probably am) wrong.

edit for alex - I just used the word supercell as I've seen it used here before - I thought it meant heavier ppn (e.g purple or blue as per the raintoday radar)

Edited by msx999

Posted

Is the reason this question not being answered because know one knows? I don't.

Guest bjaykent

Im not a weather expert - but do have a Physics degree - im guessing the moisture would combine creating a higher density of precipitation which would equal heavier snow - i could (and probably am) wrong.

edit for alex - I just used the word supercell as I've seen it used here before - I thought it meant heavier ppn (e.g purple or blue as per the raintoday radar)

Presumably one front could reinvigorate the other, there are already a few isolated showers popping up between the two

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Lovely snow coming down here now. Argghh I don't want to go to bed now. This is worse than Christmas Eve!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

ok, just to lighten the mood a little, probably won't happen but.......

UKMO charts for thursday and friday.....

UW120-21.GIF?13-18

UW144-21.GIF?13-18

even if you don't understand the charts, they are what they look like......... cold.gif

Don't worry, it's all in hand, I gave a very thorough and in-depth explanation of the dark blue blob and ominous purple blob earlier in this thread. ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

No sign of snow here yet, cloudy and feeling very chilly but temp is still just above freezing. Not expecting much, hopefully will wake up to a nice dusting :)

To answer the question on no frost-

The typical white frost you see- or 'hoar' frost is created when theres plenty of moisture in the air when that that freezes the ground goes white- hence the hoar frost-

The air outside is very dry- dewpoints -3 or so- so theres minimal moisture in the air- humidity index probably 30% something like that-

so no frost doesnt mean not cold- just minimal moisture in the air...

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Nite nite guys. My little one has woken up with a temp, gonna see to him, then crash. Good luck.

Posted

1.6 Cloudy

Very low expectation for snow tonight/tomorrow. Anyway, would love to wake up to a dusting at least.

went out for a quick walk to the shop and thay gitted the A3 and the path ways .but dont think it will snow here tonight might be sum wet snow/sleet but nothing to wright home about.hopefully will get sum during the week.

Posted

The typical white frost you see- or 'hoar' frost is created when theres plenty of moisture in the air when that that freezes the ground goes white- hence the hoar frost-

The air outside is very dry- dewpoints -3 or so- so theres minimal moisture in the air- humidity index probably 30% something like that-

S

Whats your thoughts on snow tonight/tomorrow Steve?

Non-event?

Posted

S

Yup well said. We very rarely see frost here as its so dry but temps are often below freezing throughout the winter. Very dry air and low dew points will do that

Edited by canadiancoops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Likes hot weather. Don't like the cold.

You're temp will always be a little lower than here....but, honestly....not even a frost or bit of moisture in the air....cars/roads/paths/etc all bone dry...that's all i'm saying...sorry if i sounded sniffy...

. -0.4c here near Queen Mary's Hospital Sidcup on the A20. cannot believe there is no frost on cars etc etc.