Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports 18th June

Paul

Posted

Re-posting

:D

omg- just had what can only be described as a severe hail storm :shock: :!: would post this in the storm reports area, but it says only moderators can post topics :wink:

I mean huge, the temperature has dropped from 15c to 4.8c! it is really cold outside :!: At it's peak my weather station recorded an intensity of 44mm/hr with the combined just larger than pea sized hail and torrential rain. I have just thrown a few hail balls, the hail is over an inch deep in some place, even more in others. OMG Thunder :shock: :!: :D What a storm! :) I have photos but because the hail was so heavy it was very hard to get good pictures because i couldn't open the window or the doors :!: Will load up soon, going to watch the thunder and lighting in the storm which is now maoving away :shock: :)

It is like winter outside! it is really cold and the ground is white! I can even hear avalanches of the hail falling from the roofs

:shock: :shock:

Still 3inches of hail drifts in the gutters, but much of the hail is melting, still a partial covering

Guest Mrs murphymoo

Just had a hail storm here for about ten minutes, no thunder and lightning though. Some hefty looking clouds kicking about.

Posted

Indeed there are, would not be surprised to see another one :D

BTW- There is still a 3inch drift of hail that hasn't melted even in the sun :D

Guest Mrs murphymoo

Another hail shower about 1510 - lasted for about 5 minutes this time. Still some big clouds going over :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I went into Lancaster University Library about 40 minutes ago.

Problems with finding journals kept me in there for half an hour for what I expected to be a 5-minute trip.

The result? Thunderstorm came along while I was in the library, and stopped... er... just seconds before I came out.

2004 Lancaster Thunderstorm Total: 3

Total that I Missed due to being Inside at the Time: 3

Posted

:shock: I have had 2 more thunder storms since earlier :shock: Bringing the total for TODAY to 3 :shock: , what a day :D Had loads of rain, and there is still hail on the ground from this morning, more than 6hours it's been there :shock: Had a storm about an hour ago, could see lots of CG's :D more to come?

Guest Phil_Uk

You lucky git! :mrgreen: My weak convection died off at about 2pm this afternoon. Now wall to wall blue skies. :cry: No fair!! :D

We get the hot weather. 28.1ºc on Monday, 26.2ºc on Wednesday and you lot up North reap the bonuses. Really no fair!! :-x :cry:

Phil.

Guest Mrs murphymoo

Have had a couple more hail showers with some fairly large hail - but still no thunder & lightning.

:D

Posted

Photos at last, sorry for the bad quality and size as it's on a free host for now. Might be able to fix that later :)

(not in order or anything :D )

door.jpg

cloud2.jpg

cloud.jpg

sunset.jpg

mammatus2.jpg

mammatus.jpg

hail3.jpg

hail2.jpg

hail1.jpg

(the renault megan aint mine :wink::D )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

What bad quality? They look pretty good to me... I particularly like the billowing Cb in the second one, actually similar to some I saw here in Lancaster but with a darker base.

Posted

Who would have thought all that excitement was kicking off in Scotland whilst cloud broke here to give some pleasant afternoon sunshine, despite a strong wind. Boring really, compared to your fireworks!

Awesome pics :wink:

Posted

lol, They are better quality than i thought they would be. Although they are much better bigger :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

How much hail lol

Wow

Truely lovely

Guest Phil_Uk

Excellent pics RB506. :D :lol:

The sunset and the mammatus ones especially.

Why does England get all the heat, and Scotland get the rewards of it this month? No fair I say! :cry: :D

Not a 'Three fine days then a thunderstorm' scenario this summer so far it seems. (At least for us Birmingham lot anyway!)

Phil.

Posted

i say it's fair because we had to endure all of the low cloud thats been here for weeks doing nothing :wink: so we deserved a reward :D