Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 14th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

The Cheshire Streamer has reached Oxford

Posted

Getting heavier in Clapham but still tiny flakes, I suppose because it's so cold? A nice dusting on the cars so far, hopefully it keeps up for while!

EDIT: Flakes getting bigger now! clapping.gif

Edited by CrimsonSunset

Posted

Getting heavier in Clapham but still tiny flakes, I suppose because it's so cold? A nice dusting on the cars so far, hopefully it keeps up for while!

It's more the dry air than cold air that causes smaller flakes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Just had a sneaky look out the back door and yes it's lightly snowing here and there is a slight dusting .................

Posted

I find head and shoulders does the trick. Oops sorry don't want to get rid of them. Haha :-)

Hi JP, The GFS 0Z ppn looks very tasty for the rest of today into Tuesday. UKMO 0Z is really leading the way and is breath taking biggrin.pngcold.gifclap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

What are the implications of this Jezzer?

Just woken up so not sure of directions and prognosis etc

It's feeding further snow down the country, this is passing to the west of London but as I mentioned earlier this evening it just goes to show that these events can crop up out of nowhere and won't necessarily be forecast on the models.

Cue poor drawing... :)

post-9962-0-32454700-1358141045_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Just popped over from the Midlands thread to say good luck guys, i hope you get plenty of snow. My 2cm of snow will be gone in the next few hours thanks to the rain forcast. Already started to my West. Would rather have had none than this situation.

Edited by Matt_in_Walsall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Blink and your missit type snow but yes light dust on my carI

Posted

Feels strange reading this thread from my home in Melbourne wearing shorts with the sun blazing outside. remember many a snow watch on net weather when i lived in South London. kind of miss it.. hope you all get loads of snow and streamers etc! smile.png

Edited by Upgrade

Posted

It's feeding further snow down the country, this is passing to the west of London but as I mentioned earlier this evening it just goes to show that these events can crop up out of nowhere and won't necessarily be forecast on the models.

Cue poor drawing... :)

post-9962-0-32454700-1358141045_thumb.jp

Nice explanation - many thanks

Posted

Feels strange reading this thread from my home in Melbourne wearing shorts with the sun blazing outside. remember many a snow watch on net weather when i lived in South London. kind of miss it.. hope you all get loads of snow and streamers etc! smile.png

I am feeling the same way albeit from a cold and snowy Canada. It sounds weird but I love all this radar/lamppost watching. It's not the same here when it's guaranteed. I would love to be sitting in the front room of my old house up near Blue Bell Hill looking for the snow against the orange glow of the street lights.

Posted

No probs Sharpedge, right I'm off home shortly.

Have a great Monday everyone. I've no doubt I'll be back on this afternoon to track the next batch, fingers crossed!! :)