Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Just got back as it's so cold outside.

Still heavy here, we've done really well from this, just hope and pray it doesn't rain.

Posted

It has picked up again here in north east coventry. There is a definite thaw on the trees though. I'm hoping that Hinckley will remain the right side of marginal even if Coventry can't! This East/West Mids split is awkward for those of us close to the border!

Edit: As I type the snowfall has slowed dramatically.

Yup looks like its all about done with for the time being at least it means we won't get rain. Id say we've had a few CMS on roads pavements and about 5 on the grass.

I agree with others splitting east and west midlands is not a good idea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I don't mind either way, it is easy enough to look in the east mids thread for an update.

Posted

How is the weekend looking for snow?

Id say very gd chance for more. Only debate imo is will we get more snow and continued cold or snow to rain as it breaks down

Posted

Some heavy showers approaching through the Cheshire Gap, up to 4.5c though now and feeling rather mild.

Posted

Ermm - can I just vote against it?

If there's a snow band travelling west to east or vice versa, its useful to be able to track its progress across the country by other members' reports of what's happening where they are.

And now, it also seems to be a lot less lively thread.........

Yes, I agree. A single Midlands thread should suffice, it will be a lot more enjoyable as well.

Bish

Posted

The rain is very light indeed. I can only see it by squinting in the general direction of a black car! I'm just hoping it doesn't do too much damage before temperatures drop again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Cheshire gap looks to be setting up again? Wat temps we got out shropshire at the mo? Was such a marginal event today went through a mix of everything on the way to worcester from telford this morning.

Posted

Cheshire gap looks to be setting up again? Wat temps we got out shropshire at the mo? Was such a marginal event today went through a mix of everything on the way to worcester from telford this morning.

Hovering around 4/5c at the moment so a bit to mild, hopefully we can get some heavy ones to lower the temperature before winds turn round to the north later.

Posted

I think it makes

Ermm - can I just vote against it?

If there's a snow band travelling west to east or vice versa, its useful to be able to track its progress across the country by other members' reports of what's happening where they are.

And now, it also seems to be a lot less lively thread.........

I get your argument but for me given the size of the Midlands, I can see the sense in splitting between East & West. Its just such a huge region

Posted

it has now stopped snowing and only a few flakes flying around...I'd rather it stop now and do nothing than sleet or rain.

EDIT: Now light rain...trees and bushes beginning to drop snow.

Edited by Adzyy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Hoping the streamer sets up for a while. Heavier precipitation might bring down the temps and produce snow before wind direction changes

Posted

Really hoping the snow gods are looking down on us and we just get a bit of snow

later on from some showers. We have been so unlucky today in parts of the West Midlands.

Even London may get snow later. Please let us join in on the fun.

It is gut wrenching seeing other areas getting snow whilst we have the crap we had this

morning.

I can see the event later in the week being rubbish knowing our luck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

What happened guys? Did a few people get jealous that the East Midlands was seeing snow and started wanting a West Midlands only thread? laugh.png

Posted

Beginning to thaw slowly. Hope at least some sticks around for the next few days, be nice to have some left over. Especially as this week is going to be very cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

I think we'll have to wait till the weekend(could be a bit hit and miss) for our next shot for snowfall in birmingham but who knows could be a few suprises. Grass covering rapidly disapeering in sunlight at the moment , but models still encouraging for cold lovers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nope it's Mis-leading when you see 'rain here' followed by a reply of 'huge flakes here', especially when I'm on my phone and can't see locations.

Plus on a day like today when it's marginal between east ad west it's fair.

Posted

To be fair, January has not really been a month in recent years for snow so we are incredibly lucky to have got whatever we had.

February has always been known for a snowy month, and I can't see why that won't continue this year.