Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 14/01/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted

Unfortunately we have a WSW on shore wind Marie this is what ruined our dew points this morning, no chance of any dropping until it changes to North/NW. Been really miserable here today, woke up to a lovely sprinkle and melted within half hour, then had persistent drizzle all day.

Dew point back down to 0c at RAF Northolt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Unfortunately we have a WSW on shore wind Marie this is what ruined our dew points this morning, no chance of any dropping until it changes to North/NW. Been really miserable here today, woke up to a lovely sprinkle and melted within half hour, then had persistent drizzle all day.

thanks weathizard,when are those winds expected to change? Was a nice surprise to wake up at 6 with a dusting and light snow still falling but like you said it all went so quickly and it's been a horrible day since .

the next 3 hours is the transition time for the dewpoints-

Showers from the west are no good as they have atlantic moisture embedded so they will slow the rate of temperature decrease down..

I want a clear 4 hours now...

S

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

Temp at the Bridge has risen from 1.4 to 2.2 degrees in the twinkling of an eye. Straight westerly flow.

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

i live outside Brighton in a small village called Telscombe we are aprox130 mtrs above sea level at the

highest point , and its a warm 2 degrees outside right now , the met office have us down for snow between 3 and 6 tomorrow morning , we usually get very snowed in up here 4-5 foot drifts in the back garden have been had many a time as we back onto open fields facing north east but i dont see that happening any time soon sadly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

Well it's been a mixed day here really in North-West Central London, with snow early in the morning (I didn;t see it though) and on and off rain/slett and snow. So I'm a happy bunny really! biggrin.png

Hopefully the dew points will be low enough for it to snow tonight. Fingers crossed we see more white stuff in are part of the country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Well south Bucks managed about 6cm today. But melting fast. If I can work out how to share a picture or two, I will

Katie

Posted

Clear here in sw london. Which bodes well for later on tonight regarding potential snow as temps are dropping back and the roads and pavement is drying up very well compared to a few hours ago.

Edited by london-snow

Posted

the next 3 hours is the transition time for the dewpoints-

Showers from the west are no good as they have atlantic moisture embedded so they will slow the rate of temperature decrease down..

I want a clear 4 hours now...

S

i think this shows it quite well steve-

ukwind.png

as you say the showers are coming from the direction of the atlantic, the airflow across essex for example has colder air from the east, hence the drop in temps and DPs. incidentally, had a heavy hail shower a little while ago (from one of those showers), evidence of air beginning to mix out?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

How do I post pics please :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temp risen from 1.8 to 2.4 degrees here(Petts Wood/Locksbottom borders) in last 45 mins.Don't want any precipitation now as it would just be rain/sleet.Saw BBC forecast and yet again this part of NW Kent is on edge of potential snow.Probably get light dusting again like last night.Need a bit stronger Easterly to blow this system coming from" Norfolk way" a bit further West to cover this area and hopefully areas to the West of us so a few more of us can join in the fun that those in Home Counties have enjoyed today!!If it fails looks like there is more potential later in the week.Whatever happens we are in for a few seriously cold nights this week.Don't think Minus 8 is out of the question in favoured Frost Prone places!Keep warm people!