Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 14/01/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow of course

Afew 50p flakes now starting to appear! Cmon keep this up!

No just not having here as yet and I've got a bet on with my son that we'd wake up to some white stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Its quite possible but looks to me like a major snow to rain event as things stand. Cannot see the potential for cold air to remain in place past late weekend.

Its to early to say what it will be, we could see a rain-snow event, we could see the front stall and give snow to a wider area, or the front just goes south and into the channel, could prolong our cold weather even longer!

last few frames may see catch some of the green echoes- I will see some PPN but it needs to just sneak a few more miles west-

good stuff for southend.... & the rest of south essex-

Again a perfect forecast from the models earlier- North kent / NW kent & South East Essex...- poss central & east kent as well-

S

Posted

last few frames may see catch some of the green echoes- I will see some PPN but it needs to just sneak a few more miles west-

Again a perfect forecast from the models earlier- North kent / NW kent & South East Essex...- poss central & east kent as well-

S

Yep, as shown by the 925hPa vertical velocity charts,

post-5986-0-79162700-1358212181_thumb.gi

If you're in the negative area, then you still have chance!!

Posted

S

Is it worth me staying up to see how London does or it that more or less a non event?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Its quite possible but looks to me like a major snow to rain event as things stand. Cannot see the potential for cold air to remain in place past late weekend.

You should join the Met Office with all your 'expertise'....

Posted

S

None for East Sussex then S? What sort of track is this ppn taking now?

the front is still trooping SSW but the NW end is just building up a bit better- supporting some white stuff soon hopefully!!

just on the track its supposed to slide SSW then S then SSE- so Sussex west is unlikely- east sussex- maybe...

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Please tell me I'm going to get a bit of this in Bexhill then I can go to bed haha :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

And the one night I'm not at home in Kent but in bloody Lewisham working! Typical!

Posted

Pretty heavy now, really blowing in that wind.....not settling.....

Just wait, starts out slow but when it picks up it is very fast to settle! As fast as the Jan 2007 Thundersnow Cold Front I would say