Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 16th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Peter said 4 inches in the SE then turning to rain and becoming less cold, dont understand even the GFS is going for Snow, is he going to get egg on his face? must be getting his forecast from somewhere he sounded very confident said this yesterday as well

Posted

None of the models show it getting less cold or that we will have rain. Neither do the Met Office, and BBC South East didn't mention rain. They said it would be staying very cold.

Strange.

Edited by manutdmatt1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Peter cockroft, has a quite sure record to my mind. And i think he,s going ön outdated output.???

Posted

None of the models don't show it getting less cold or that we will have rain. Neither do the Met Office, and BBC South East didn't mention rain. They said it would be staying very cold.

Strange.

Peter Cockroft, 6:58 on BBC South East news did mention rain, hence the surpise of many on here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Feb last year only gave a dusting for the coast, before rain moved in.

Well, at least east of Brighton there was snow. About 10cms here with no rain. Anyway, the principle is the same but with the colder air a bit further west than then, so that should make a difference to then.

Posted

Peter cockroft probably using the out of date 00z runs-

Anyway my update coming around 730/745-

Remember I said shocking TV forecasts covering the next 72 hours

S

Yeah Steve, we've been told by Ian before that until the 10.30pm forecasts they use out of date data. Although, to be brutally honest I don't trust any TV forecasts, BBC are mediocre and ITV/C4/Five are UTTER turd. At best. In my opinion of course.

Posted

Peter Cockroft, 6:58 on BBC South East news did mention rain, hence the surpise of many on here

We seem to have a different news outlet down here. The forecast I saw was a woman (don't know her name) and she sad it would be staying very cold. No mention of rain at all.

Pretty shoddy from the BBC!

Posted

Where is he getting his forecast from??

One thing for sure Blunt, thinking of the band in your profile picture, the tension mounts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Bay is really hardy, but if the soil in the pot freezes it can be bad news. Bring it in to be safe.

My potted Bay has always survived, mind you, it's never grown much, so I might bring it in this year as I have a conservatory now:)

Posted

We seem to have a different news outlet down here. The forecast I saw was a woman (don't know her name) and she sad it would be staying very cold. No mention of rain at all.

I suspect the regional foreacsts are not very joined up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Feb last year only gave a dusting for the coast, before rain moved in.

Don't want to start an argument over what happened last year but I'm pretty near the coast and we got 4/5 inches from that. Think Brighton west was the cut off point from memory and anywhere east was fine. I maybe shot down in flames but unless there's a big correction we should all be fine this time round if I'm interpreting the charts properly.

Posted

East midlands were using the old fax charts. The new ones were put on here about 5

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

This forecast is for the South-West, but it's well worth a watch!

https://www.facebook...376310009130815

Why can't we have forecasts like that? Yet we get Woman who compete over who's better looking instead of accurate forecasts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

alrighty then....new thread coming up for the evening session, so please finish up any posts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I hoping this cold snowy weather lasts until 9th February at least. My parents married on 9.2.62 - snow everywhere. We are going to celebrate their Golden Wedding anniversary and it would be pretty cool if it was as cold and snowy 50 years on, to the day

Posted

Even BBC South West didn't mention a return to milder conditions or snow turning to rain. If it's not going to happen down there it will not happen anywhere else so don't worry!

Edited by manutdmatt1986

Posted

Sorry, wiling to accept Cockfrost is wrong. But I am not willing to accept he is using out of date charts. That would be unbelievably amateurish given we are on the brink of a snow event. I don't buy it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Loving my met office update from 6pm tonight showing light snow here from about midday friday right through until 3am sunday at the moment and absolutely no signs of it getting any warmer or showing any rain at all. Sun it shows it hovering between -1 and -3 all day and only precip is shown as snow. Please people don't panic or start the 'it's all over' posts on one BBC forecast which as many have said are using out of date charts. This 'could' like always change again between now and then as we are still over a day away, but keep the faith, keep smiling and I am pretty sure we will all get something out of Fri/Sat/Sun. Major upgrades as far as I can see and nothing to get downhearted about.

Edited by Hearts in Herts