Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/01/13 06z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Very excited about Friday into Saturday, I can probably live with a slight shift west or east here. Though expecting at least a good 9-12hrs of light snow.. :)

Posted

Bit gutted Wilts isn't in the Amber warning area...Hopefully that changes

If you see the impact chart for the yellow area, the only aspect keeping it yellow at the moment is the uncertaintcy, with more updates, expect this to change! Could somewhere get a red warning?

SM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

How do I update my location on my profile ? I'm on my iPhone am I able to do it from this ? :@)

Ok, no worries.

You can only update it from a laptop or PC as I understand things. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow causing disruption and chaos

Just come back from bulgaria skiing and nw looks like i might be in luck for some more snow!!! i lurrrve the snow,i just hope swindon will get as much as when i lived back in blackwood south wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Boooooo to the sleet showing in the latest MO update on the app.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Courtesy of Ian, but available on Met Office website;

MET OFFICE: Amber Alert of Snow for South West England : North Somerset, Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, ... http://t.co/2hN4ewuD

Met Office upgrading to Amber Warning for snow Fri: N Som, Bristol, B&NES, S. Glos, W-Central Glos; NW Wilts. Details to follow.

Edited by AWD

Posted

If you see the impact chart for the yellow area, the only aspect keeping it yellow at the moment is the uncertaintcy, with more updates, expect this to change! Could somewhere get a red warning?

SM

Yes its only really uncertainty which is effecting the yellow or amber zones, both have the highest impact score if they come off. Nice to see more realistic talk of 25+cm of snow on the alert as well.

Re Red Alert, if things stay as they are then as the confidence increases it should become red.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather types!

Boooooo to the sleet showing in the latest MO update on the app.

for friday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

for friday?

Yep for all day Friday.

Posted

Courtesy of Ian, but available on Met Office website;

MET OFFICE: Amber Alert of Snow for South West England : North Somerset, Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, ... http://t.co/2hN4ewuD

Met Office upgrading to Amber Warning for snow Fri: N Som, Bristol, B&NES, S. Glos, W-Central Glos; NW Wilts. Details to follow.

Frome right on that boundary line...... Interesting times ahead....

Posted

the old snow bone is tingling right now!

Steady on ;)

Morning weather nuts!

Just one thing to note in and amongst all the excitement of a potentially memorable dumping is to urge caution for those that have to travel. The general population tend to be quite oblivious to the potential dangers of getting stuck in snow. I've been encouraging my friends through social media outlets to ensure they have blankets and a flask with water at minimum in their cars if they have to travel. It'd be a good plan to take a shovel, some rope and a torch and have your mobile phone charged as well. I'd be encouraging your friends and family to do the same particularly as the winds look to pick up with the risk of drifting on the higher routes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Its Graupling here ... with tiny snowflakes mixed in. Magic lies in the smallest of things!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Im scared :p Im just in the Amber 14 miles North of Bristol but in the past it has happened where the front moves quite a bit further east right at the last minute in these situations haha....cautiously excited. Journey to work Friday might be difficult..espeically coming home!

Looks like parts of Wales will get pasted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Upgrade for the Bristol area from Ian;

W COUNTRY Anticipate 5-10cm widely within Amber Warning area lower levels, e.g. Bristol; 10-20cm uplands B&NES, FoD, W Cotswolds; Mendips

Posted

This is no good for my ticker ;-) I just feel I will luck out here in Marchwood/Totton. . . . Can someone with more knowledge ( not difficult!) put my fears to rest, am I in with a chance? Pleeeaaase?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Only 28,3 for me... sorry.gifmad.gifsad.pngpardon.gifdoh.gifwink.pnglaugh.pngbiggrin.pngyahoo.gifhappy.pngdrunk.gifclap.giffriends.gif

35mm forecast for me biggrin.png

Posted

Going Devon Friday, is it better too cancel plsns? Is this certain?

I think that you'll be ok depending on what time you set off and the elevation of your route and destination. Generally speaking, it will be raining for most of Friday in low lying parts of Devon with only temporary accumulations early in the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

SM

If things keep on track, then nearer the time, red warnings will be issued. Red is to take action and its two days away. Still not going to wait for red warning, going to get more beer this afternoon. Either to drown sorrows or to celebrate. Used to live in Stow on the wold in the cotswolds. I think they will get hammered. Drifting is not being talked about much at the moment but this could be the biggest problem as the snow comes of fields and fills in roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Its getting closer!!! And I'm in the Orange zone!!!

As it stands best snowfall potential since feb 09, but as ever nothing is nailed on till it happening.

Edited by chris55

Posted

Still below freezing here in Newbury - currently -0.4C having peaked at -0.3C at 10:46. GTLTW what are your current readings?

Some bone chilling temps forecast Fri, Sat, Sun nights where the skies clear and there is decent snow cover. I'd expect to see some double digit minima, somewhere like Yeovilton, Boscombe or Benson could get as low as -15C with towns down to -10C. If you have any susceptible pipes I'd get prepping them now where possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'm hoping that the band will reach my area in Oxford and give me at least a few cm's, thoughts guys?

Posted

Now i still hope next gfs pulls it back a bit further west.

Fingers crossed.

i have a sneaky feeling that the 12z will bring it all back west slightly ph34r.png well im hopeing !!! lol