Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 16/01/13 18z------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

According to this the swivel/pivet is se england! Which models is this from ecm? Gem?

http://www.meteorada...uk/forecastloop

Love this - perfect! Anyone on here a fan of 'Friends' remember the episode with Ross and the sofa - PIVOT!!!!x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

The met office for hastings had snow from 6pm on friday ,they have now updated that to snow from 12 lunchtime ! i think the commute home on friday is going to be a nightmare for most ! Might be a good time to tell all bosses that u have a dentist appointment at 12.15 pm friday yahoo.gif

Id rather dye than go to the dentist rofl.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

This is the area we need to keep an eye on, if we can get a bit more shift west it's game on for east kent!

Here's hoping, but very LOW risk at the moment

Edited by Victor Meldrew

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way

Back to now - briefly, after looking at MO weather forecast a while ago, I was curious to find out if heavy snow has decended in the Dover area as yet?

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

HA HA HA HA I have one actually, but it's at 5pm tomorrow...tooth extraction :-(

even better ! you can say you in soooo much pain ,defo cant go to work friday lol .touch wood your not thou !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Another sleepless night,wondering if its going to downgrade or up graded

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

NAE does shift PPN westwards in line with the WRF which is a shame for this area, apart from the far west into Hampshire. It may be that it comes later but I think this front is just decaying earlier and any further snow will have to rely on the pivot into Saturday.

Of course it may change in the next 48 hours but the chances of anything disruptive on Friday have lessened throughout today. Maybe the strength of the block this time will send Monday's low further South, in which case we will find ourselves more into the potential snow area for then. Got to hope!

(as an indication, snow for Guildford has been lessened from 5cm up to midday Friday to 4cm up to 6pm Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

18z nae precip totals at t48 (6pm friday)

post-15445-0-10972800-1358371731_thumb.g

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

Love this - perfect! Anyone on here a fan of 'Friends' remember the episode with Ross and the sofa - PIVOT!!!!x

Ah, the classic pivot scene..... Pivat.... Pivat.... PivAT....

PIVAAT.....PIIVVAAAAT...... Shut up, shut up....... SHUT UP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Something quite not right, I'd say we are not just on the cusp of something special, but more so something quite serious...

uksnowrisk.png

A lot of it depends on the snowfall this weekend, going by the MetOffice warning it could have a very significant impact. At this stage a very low possibility, but I await the upgrade. Winds will strengthen and blizzard conditions are a possibility,with the potential for some severe disruption, though currently there is a good deal of uncertainty about intensity of snow. Icy conditions and low temperatures throughout. Snow accumulations expected Monday and Tuesday with snow showers later. Strengthening winds later exacerbating the cold feel.

If ECM is to believed then come Wednesday, we are ****ed!! GFS got this one correct last week by showing a severely deep low heading into the UK sometime early next week.

ecm500.120.png

ecm500.144.png

Something quite not right, seeing temperatures that low for London next week. Minimum of -8*C could be reported. But I suspect with accumulations as much as they could be Wednesday Morning, the temperatures could start to fall quite a bit for London & South East. I wouldn't be surprised if this weekend and early next week dumps a good bit of accumulation and temperature plummet that a Red Warning wouldn't be issued as the threshold for the home counties is quite less than most of the rest of the country.

301nb08.jpg

Blimey!

Think it`s time to check in on any relatives,friends,neighbours who might be at risk over this cold `n` snowy period.

Posted

Hi I have never posted before, but love reading all your comments! Just wanted advise as I'm a bit confused. I'm from Brighton. How can the met o in there update this afternoon mention snow to rain even on their precipitation map and this morning have sun as rain in my area with a temp of 5c now a max of 0c on sun???? Regardless of their update! Can anyone help?? Thanks

Posted

This is the area we need to keep an eye on, if we can get a bit more shift west it's game on for east kent!

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/

Keeps expanding too.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Steve whats your take on the NAE?

difficult as the 6pm ( 48) is only the start- so saying its further west, you can equally say its 3/4 hours slower-

no decision yet- remember all PPN charts out to 54 / 60 will have significant weighting to the west....

S

Posted

NAE does shift PPN westwards in line with the WRF which is a shame for this area, apart from the far west into Hampshire. It may be that it comes later but I think this front is just decaying earlier and any further snow will have to rely on the pivot into Saturday.

Of course it may change in the next 48 hours but the chances of anything disruptive on Friday have lessened throughout today. Maybe the strength of the block this time will send Monday's low further South, in which case we will find ourselves more into the potential snow area for then. Got to hope!

(as an indication, snow for Guildford has been lessened from 5cm up to midday Friday to 4cm up to 6pm Friday.

Huh

Posted

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/

Keeps expanding too.......

Snowing again here..beginning to come inland a bit