Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion - January 17th 2013. 12z onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

met office app has now changed for my area to light snow and the duration of that light snow is saturday night. I am not shocked its a non event that happens all the time, I only ever seen snow when nobody knew or talked about it coming.

ignore the app we are dealing in real time which means now cast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!! Yes no yes no yes no yes. Even if/when flakes fall after all that's been going on I think I would want to check they are not feathers.

Posted

On mobile so can't post charts sorry. The 0z NMM is improved on 18z last night, NAE looks like it's toying with wanting to move things further east and 6z GFS beefs up precip south of River Ribble

Now you just had to add south of the River Ribble on purpose didn't you blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

It's quite obviously an ever changing situation. Metoffice symbols on a map will be of little use I'm afraid. As you can see, things can look different in just one run.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

I would be quite happy for anything tbh. A couple of weeks ago we were screaming for cold..now we have cold...Friday, hopefully, isn't the end of our snow chance.

Posted

It's quite obviously an ever changing situation. Metoffice symbols on a map will be of little use I'm afraid. As you can see, things can look different in just one run.

Do we trust the 06z though, as some on the MOD say discount the 06z, I don't but some of the alleged big guns do.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

6z has the precipitation slightly further N and E.

This http://www.yr.no/pla...ngland/Preston/ is fast becoming my favourite weather site .... I wonder why biggrin.png

17cm total for me on that! Is it up to date SFZ? Any level of accuracy? If so its lunch time onwards for me!

Edited by snowdrifter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Do we trust the 06z though, as some on the MOD say discount the 06z, I don't but some of the alleged big guns do.

Handling precip at 24 hrs or so should be fine. As I said last night, I really rate GFS frontal rainfall predictions, even over NAE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

I. Seen snow on gfs right upto the time and it still never came

Posted

Arrrghhh! Think my head might exploded soon, upgrades, downgrades, are we in for blizzards or just the usual light flurry?

I have the feeling we wont see much, this is the north west we never do!

At least I'll be able to drive down to Manchester tomorrow, that's one good thing that's come out of it.

Posted

The Liverpool Echo headline Blizzard conditions and heavy snow to hit merseyside! Relax the Echo never gets it wrong! blum.gif

they might have just got it right, the ecm looks good to me, the 06z is good too.

Posted

17cm total for me on that! Is it up to date SFZ? Any level of accuracy? If so its lunch time onwards for me!

It uses the ECM, updates twice a day - no idea what will happen SD. So many conflicting forecasts/views, for once you are in a much better position than me thats for sure.

Posted

Looking a knife edge stuff this, 6z upgrade, band further NW as others have stated.

Hopefully no more South and Eastwards corrections, surely it must be modelled something like by now

End of the day, if I get up and its snowing then great

Posted

Arrrghhh! Think my head might exploded soon, upgrades, downgrades, are we in for blizzards or just the usual light flurry?

At least I'll be able to drive down to Manchester tomorrow, that's one good thing that's come out of it.

Think that's where we're all at MS. Nice one mate!

Posted

the north west is a big place and some places are more prone than others for snow. I would hold off just for the time being, regarding travelling

to manchester, lets see what the 12z has to say about things lol

Posted

Handling precip at 24 hrs or so should be fine. As I said last night, I really rate GFS frontal rainfall predictions, even over NAE.

Lets hope so Crewe, I'm already fatigued from all this toing and froing.

Posted

Looking forward to my snizzle blizzard lol - to be honest I've brought my expectations down now, so anything more than a couple of cm's will be a bonus. At least it will be nice to walk the dogs out in on Sunday.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

Us on the coastline in Wirral seem to be right on the edge of the snowshield. Just watched the BBC forecast.

Posted

Snow in Wales looks to be moderate so that could give us some fun later?

EDIT: flakes in the wind ATM.

Edited by Darren Bown

Posted

I just had a look at the met office precipitation chart, looks awesome as the snow in wales is pulled back then pushed back up by the main front. it does look like it decays very quickly over us tho, light and broken.

Posted

Us on the coastline in Wirral seem to be right on the edge of the snowshield. Just watched the BBC forecast.

if the upgrade is correct, then i should think your in the firing line really...north wales, wirral and liverpool..the heaviest

precip looks like north wales then moving north east during saturday lunch time...keep your eyes open tonight

snow is forecast for the south of the region.

just look at the convection going on in the irish sea, looks good on rain today radar if you ask me

Edited by HotCuppa