Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 17th Januray 2013, 12z Onwards

Brad lough

I really hope tomorrow isnt the same with heavy to my north, south, east and west with this strange block that seems to defend gloucester from the western attacks..

That's happened many times here too. Back in the summer, areas all around got 30mms of rain, and we only got about 4mm. Same sort of thing happens with wind. I don't think that will happen tomorrow. I'm feeling lucky about this one. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been snowing here since 2:30pm. Though light and patchy, did begin to settle though about 1/2 an hour ago. as it slowly turned heavier for a short-time, left a covering on grass, and pavements, not roads though. A sure little taster before the main course :p

Posted

Ever since the wind shifted to SW earlier today the temps have been warm, right now it's still veering SW - W

Needs a huge change, looking doomed so far, Been saying it all day, Thats sunny Bournemouth for ya! We get our very own weather here lol Way too warm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

I've got a bone to pick with someone!! Just returned from school. I had been inside from 3.30 until 4.45 watching the kids play football. And I have just walked home through enough snowfall to completely cover the roads, grass and pavements. Not to mention covering me and the kids! And it's showing no signs of slowing down. Where did that come from? I don't recall any snow forecast for today??!

Seriously though, it was a nice surprise. And hopefully a small taster of tomorrow good.gif

Posted

so you guys with the experience & knowledge have been saying for the last few days that the models underestimate the strength of the cold blocks in these scenarios & everything gets backed west nearer the event (i understand this has happened!), question is do you think we have seen the end of the westward corrections or do you think there could be a little more of one in the 18z?

Posted

I've got a bone to pick with someone!! Just returned from school. I had been inside from 3.30 until 4.45 watching the kids play football. And I have just walked home through enough snowfall to completely cover the roads, grass and pavements. Not to mention covering me and the kids! And it's showing no signs of slowing down. Where did that come from? I don't recall any snow forecast for today??!

Seriously though, it was a nice surprise. And hopefully a small taster of tomorrow good.gif

Has caught quite a few by surprise Lynnism! Has been snowing in Petersfield but not as much as you've obviously had! Overnight snow forecast for our area on the BBC website.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Reassurances needed please people

Posted

Needs a huge change, looking doomed so far, Been saying it all day, Thats sunny Bournemouth for ya! We get our very own weather here lol Way too warm!

I think the temps will start to drop once the wind strengthens.

At the moment we have slow moving air drifting across the channel which means it has time to warm up, but later on in the night the wind will increase and drag in colder and colder air from the continent.

Im sure that even on the coast it will become cold enough for some snow at some point, but a few miles inland will help a lot!

Edited by Jamie R

Posted

this front that is coming through, isnt the main event is it?

No, this is just a little taster that appears to have popped up out of nowhere! Main business tomorrow for most!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Guys has there been any news from Ian f today? I haven't had time to look

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Light snow falling here (im in Calbourne on the IOW) with a temp of 1.8c.

Much the same in Brighstone although the snow isn't being picked up by the station as yet.

summary.gif

I was working in Brightstone forest today and snow grains fell all day until I went at three that is, when I got down to Lynch lane it turned to drizzle.

Here in Freshwater it is now 4C and ultra light drizzle.

If I can get there I will in the deep snow all day tomorrow it seemssmiliz19.gif, probably wont be allowed on either the Middle or the Military road to get there though, even if its only 2 inches deep they will be closed I bet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Guys has there been any news from Ian f today? I haven't had time to look

He has been quiet on twitter, guess he is busy studying charts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Reassurances needed please people

Winds veer SE and strengthen later, Temps will drop back

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, wind. Hot summer days.

Hmm been looking at the radar all day and I must admit, although I was not expecting anything today, Trowbridge seems to have its deflector shields activated as everything is avoiding us........It better not do that tomorrow !!

Just went out and there are a few flecks in the air, deflector fading good.gif

2.1c and dropping.

Posted

Im sure that even on the coast it will become cold enough for some snow at some point, but a few miles inland will help a lot!

:winky:

Posted

No, this is just a little taster that appears to have popped up out of nowhere! Main business tomorrow for most!

i thought so all these people confirming its main event! and its not i knew it.,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

Has caught quite a few by surprise Lynnism! Has been snowing in Petersfield but not as much as you've obviously had! Overnight snow forecast for our area on the BBC website.

There must be about 1cm lying now! I'm just about to check the local forecast because I haven't looked since I went out.

Posted

And he tweeted earlier he was in a contingency plans meeting - serious stuff me thinks!

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Big, beautiful soft slow moving flakes of proper snow here now. Settling well already on my quick nip out to the car, pavements and grass getting a dusting in just a few minutes. Squeeeee crazy.gif

anyone else in Hamps online & getting it?

Yes - similar here in Alton. Beginning to give a dusting. The area of snow on radar has grown appreciably in last hour or two

Where has this come from.....? Temp here now 0.0c