Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion - Cold and Snow 17/01/13 ->

Isolated Frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder snow

The rain has stopped now turning back to tiny snow flakes, its quite frustrating because i can see the clouds over the north sea blowing straight up the coast rather than heading straight towards us lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Snow stopped in Keswick, no more than a dusting in the end. (Although that's a dusting more than I expected when I left Newcastle)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, cold,wet & stormy

I swear there was a flash in the sky followed by a rumble of thunder!

Cramlington

There was !! I was driving on a1 past morpeth and saw it!!

A1 is completly covered and I guess there is over 4 inches around morpeth. It's stopped now though but we had a good few hours of intense snow.

Posted

Its proper lashing down now, bloody rain, plenty of snow flakes in the mix so its either turning one way or the other, wind isn't half starting to pick up, i also think the wind direction is changing now looking at the street lights anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Its proper lashing down now, bloody rain, plenty of snow flakes in the mix so its either turning one way or the other, wind isn't half starting to pick up, i also think the wind direction is changing now looking at the street lights anyway.

Bloody hell i wasnt expecting rain or sleet anywhere in the region tonite i thought we were safe

Posted

Where exactly is your "Teesside"?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Snowmaddave, could it be hail? Should still be snow until midnight tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Few flakes in air here and 0.7c and -1c however i heard the dreaded drip noise

Posted

Looking at the uppers, tomorrow could see a thaw somewhat, don't expect many showers but we do attract a little bit more colder air again by tomorrow night so things could become less marginal somewhat.

Indeed looking at my thermometer half an hour after the snow stopped and for the first time today the Temperatue which had been -1c all day is above freezing at 0.1c.

Posted

CC, me to but i can 100% confirm its sleet and rain that was coming down, its slowly turning back to very light snow blowing about in the wind.

Posted

Few flakes in air here and 0.7c and -1c however i heard the dreaded drip noise

1.4C here, it's -famous netweather quote time...- 'balmy!', haha no dripping noises to be heard though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Did anyone spot any lightning, seems to be a blue x somewhere Northwest of Newcastle - http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess=

Posted

And it's started snowing again in Middlesbrough, light ATM but it should intensify around 12 if the met office forecast is to believed. Aldo the sky looks very pink so something must be brewing

Posted

Normanby im at, in the last two hours we have gone from, snow to sleet then rain back to sleet and now full on heavy snow as i speak, deffo was not hail Alza. I have noticed other locations that have had sleet tonight also.

Full on snow at the minute.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

possible heavy shower developing and heading towards n.tyneside in about 45 mins.....check the radar.....

Posted

Actually quite interesting looking at the convective cloud and the high frontal cloud together although its good too see the frontal cloud is actually quite thin so at least this did not prove to be a spoiler tonight.

There are some showers in the North Sea, not dead realiable or look deadly heavy but I would not mind one or two more snow showers to try and keep a respectable snow cover by morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, cold,wet & stormy

Did anyone spot any lightning, seems to be a blue x somewhere Northwest of Newcastle - http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess=

Yep I saw a huge flash as I was driving past morpeth approx 10.pm ish I think