Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion - Cold and Snow 17/01/13 ->

Isolated Frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

The only slight downgrade Ive seen is on the BBC graphics on the TV this mornin', the modelling still shows the same as it has always shown snowfall all over the NE.

OK cheers, thought I was missing something on the models! Slight upgrade if anything as the thicknesses now look favourable until Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder snow

Calm down guys, what will be will be but to my eyes its all going as forecast, we were not due anything till this afternoon anyway. Once the showers start rolling in off the north sea anything can happen. Also stop looking at what's going to happen Monday and Tuesday, when we are in a cold spell and we have most the country under snow and ice by then so it could change, whatever the outcome enjoy the ride :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

There ya go peeps nice positive posts from Alza and NL there. Lets inject some positive thinking and write what's actually being reflected in the outputs this morning eh? I am looking forward to the next few days it screams potential to me....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Blue Skies here in Hart Village, but looking out to sea I can see a huge snow cloud creeping in, its huge. give it time....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder snow

I second that kato, there is a line of meaty clouds just sat out in the sea waiting for a slight change in wind direction, got to say they stretch for miles so it could be game on for a fair few people along the coasts when it arrives and for us a tad further inland.

Posted

Grrr nick man.... Can you ever just come on here and be up-beat?? Yes I know it's disappointing don't get me wrong but seriously we are still in with a shout with something man. Ok so parts of the country have blizzards...we have a shot at heavy convective snow showers... Also to note that we can't get every bit of snow all of the time. Spare a thought for the people in the SW who are struggling to get a covering? I get what you're saying but some reality checks need to also play a part...as stated this is the UK not Siberia or Moscow......expect a let down and you won't feel like you do.

I know, I know. cool.png tease.gif

You're right.. I guess I just like a moan! 5 hours in A and E on Wednesday and an incredibly sore arm and heard after falling on the ice don't help either. cray.gif

There ya go peeps nice positive posts from Alza and NL there. Lets inject some positive thinking and write what's actually being reflected in the outputs this morning eh? I am looking forward to the next few days it screams potential to me....

And my tea's gone cold.

whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

OK cheers, thought I was missing something on the models! Slight upgrade if anything as the thicknesses now look favourable until Sunday.

Yes I was referring to the bbc forecast which was a downgrade from last night, can I ask two things of someone...

1. Can someone post a link to the favourble charts mentioned above and

2. Excuse me for being a nimby and a majority of one, but do people think tonight's snow showers will make it over th Pennines to east cumbria?

I am fed up with being the only person in th UK with a green lawn.

Cheers, Andy

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Just started to snow here right on the coast, well starting earlier than the BBC have forecasted.!!

Posted

Just started to snow here right on the coast, well starting earlier than the BBC have forecasted.!!

Yep -. they're just clipping the coast now. In an hour, maybe in Newc, about a further hour for Durham, if it keeps encroaching at this rate... could just be a lucky strike though. :p

Posted

The met office sticking to their forecast of heavy snow here from 6 tonight till late in the day tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Im not so sure its pivoting around us, its getting closer for sure, and seems to be coming in quicker now. Im working from home looking out of the window and the sea is no longer visible due to it

Posted

Let's keep upbeat eh?

My guess is that come Tuesday, between now and then, we in the North East generally, will have a bigger snowfall total than Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham, Norwich . When the N Sea conveyor belt gets going and the wind strenthens from the East a bit more (lunchtime on), various places from Boro to the Borders will get pummelled. The showers will begin to merge this evening (got my lampost watching kit ready - windows cleaned, cider in the fridge, family wound up and new sledges bought) and by the time you wake up tomorrow morning, WHITEOUT !!! No traffic, eerie silence, grey skies, lovely, just wait and see.

Karl

Posted

I think the winds have veered very slightly more E'ly - look at what's over Scarborough atm - looks like it is on course for Durham-Newc... and the blob behind it on a similar course... or do I just need new glasses?

Posted

It looks like it's coming, get the runners waxed! Kids are hyper and can't wait for more sledging tonight, I've promised them more snow today and 3.15pm can't come soon enough!!

Don't forget to enjoy the now, constantly looking for the end will leave you permanently disappointed!!