Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Well I have to say that the latest bbc forecast graphics were dreadful! A few light flurries on the Pennines! Showed no snow in the region and NO snow showers! A complete and utter non event. Whilst everyone else in the south and east can say remember jan 2013 -well no, was nothing here! Media are just as bad implying the midlands as the whole country!

Posted

Well I have to say that the latest bbc forecast graphics were dreadful! A few light flurries on the Pennines! Showed no snow in the region and NO snow showers! A complete and utter non event. Whilst everyone else in the south and east can say remember jan 2013 -well no, was nothing here! Media are just as bad implying the midlands as the whole country!

The weather doesnt follow what the BBC says, have you looked at the radar?

Posted

Posted

Heavy snow shower now and the wind picking up as well.

Posted

calm down mate nonono.gif got all day

Posted

You are so negative, the snow is not due to arrive with us until later on, you seriously need to have patience and stop being so negative we are all here for the same reason we want to see snow and it will happen but not right this second because you want it!! keep checking the radar and the latest charts, you cannot just brush it off and say "non event" with ought backing it up with charts!! so please calm and snow will arrive in good time!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Yes definatly, it's moving in a fair bit quicker than I thought it would.

Hmm, not entirely convinced, looking at the radar I'd say it's progress NE has steadily slowed, over the past 90 mins it's moved maybe 15 miles further NE ? Currently sitting roughly Preston - Bolton - Ashton - Sheffield. I still think the BBC are going to be about right for W. Yorkshire i.e. nothing much until mid-afternoon, and then much less organised than is currently the case over SW Lancs/Cheshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

The METO have it foggy for here until 3pm when the snow starts. Well it aint foggy and the front has reached Glossop so its only got to come over the Woodhead.

Its landed at Sheffield by the looks of it and its so nice to see all of that south of us being forced back up.

You ever tried getting over Woodhead when its snowingrofl.gif

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

The wind has just picked up and started gusting, a few flakes are falling and the front has quickly got here now its over the tops of the Pennines

Posted

I really hope you get some snow this weekend cause I don't think I can take much more of your whining. Good things come to those who wait...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

You ever tried getting over Woodhead when its snowingrofl.gif

Yep, and try is all you can do, usually with a failed end result. We use to drive out to the windmills when it was snowing then always end up going to have a look at conditions on the Woodhead,

we never got that far up before turning back. Its the last place i'd want to be stranded, its even bleak up top in summer.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Been watching the radar all morning very very slow progress could well be after lunch at this time.

Posted

That was a heavy shower, added a couple of cm's and the road is looking very dodgy. Light snow still falling temp -1.3, DP -3.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine! High humidity - clear blue skies. Heavy snow.

Its a total non event in West Yorkshire - where is the 20cm of snow going to come from!

The weather forecast forced me onto the train

Shall in invoice the met office £14 for the train i didnt need to catch!

I should have driven to work today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

looks like convection occouring east of leeds in a line with A1

Posted

Its a total non event in West Yorkshire - where is the 20cm of snow going to come from!

sorry.gifcray.gif cry me a river rofl.gif

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted

I think some of the disappointment in this thread will very quickly vanish if this materialises (go to Sunday)..

http://www.meteociel...&mode=2&carte=0

plus a lot of the other ensembles show this

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_panel.php?modele=0&mode=2&ech=72

Given that the main models have trended this bad further west it is something to keep an eye on

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Good to here, LeeSnowFan! I'm stuck here in Dewsbury praying for it to start snowing properly as theres a few flakes blowing in the wind at the moment so by the sounds of it, it could be soon. I think there's more chance of it snowing at my house now in Skelmanthorpe though! LOL!

Posted

acute.gif doh.gifnonono.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

20cm?! We were never going to get that much, 10cm at best.