Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

Very heavy around here now for the last 45mins, roads that where gritted are now probably now got a covering. I'm away from a window now so I can only see the carpark which is just full of snow covered cars!

Posted

Don't take this as on over.. But we are approaching 6" here ... 0.0

Edit: Little too much

We are @ 12CM and counting..

Think you might have been using the ol' ramp ruler...!

Posted

5p sized flakes now

yep. it's getting going now. Hubby's gone and picked up my son from Kings school in Rochester. They're obviously worried things are going to get worse through the afternoon. :)

Posted

Well still not a single proper snowflake, had a few snizzly bit floating past the window about an hour ago.

Band seems to be under pressure now and breaking up in parts, I am hoping that NAE Is right but you really have to question it saying this will be ongoing this evening and overnight.

Posted

New thread coming!

Posted

A little dusting here in Bexhill at work, nothing otherwise. Looks like a big non event here, I was exepcting so much more, was going well and then just fizzled out. grass not covered in anyway.

In any case the Bexhill snow shield held firm, it did lose power and drop to about 50% letting in some flakes to blow around and settle on cars/roofs, but now full power has been restored we have a thaw.

Wonder if home (burwash) will be better?

I'm hoping for lots more to still time to go yet . Hoping :-)

Posted

Very heavy around here now for the last 45mins, roads that where gritted are now probably now got a covering. I'm away from a window now so I can only see the carpark which is just full of snow covered cars!

They gritted the roads this morning. The snow is dry and powdery so it tended to lay on top of it. I even saw a snowplow drive past around 5:30 whilst there were a few flurries blowing in the wind. I assume he was running early.

Posted

Front seems to br weakenung through the middle right now, stuff over SW London seems to be getting some help from the Downs and the channel so its fighting against the background conditions. Its here that our area is going to get the top falls. Models suggest another 2-3hrs of decent snow before things start to really wind down.