Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 12z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and humid with some thunderstorms plus some snow too.

Got quite a few cm today not a bad effort and it was cold too - also had a few drifts here about in South Liverpool so not bad - what I really like about these spells is the cold temperatures you can get with snowcover do you think we could get some pretty low temperatures over the next few nights? Backtrack - you reported that your temperature was rising does anyone know why that is we do have cloud cover but I though it was clearing a bit as the snow cleared away.

Yeah - it is cold now - below freezing but I want to get it is as cold as possible so I can keep the snowcover for longer!

Luke

Edited by Luke McDonnell

Posted

how is it prectypeuktopo.png

Looking at the PPN accumulation charts its showing 1mm over 6 hours for most of the region. That could easily turn to nothing, today was forecast far more than that here and we got sod all.

Bloody hell, I'm either getting old or need a hobby but just watched a 1977 Glen Campbell concert on BBC4 and really enjoyed it.

Oh for the old days.

I,d have been 15 then and in them days when our location used to get snow would have been sledging.

I'm watching it too, I would have been -5 and I'm enjoying it :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Looking at the PPN accumulation charts its showing 1mm over 6 hours for most of the region. That could easily turn to nothing, today was forecast far more than that here and we got sod all.

I'm watching it too, I would have been -5 and I'm enjoying it :p

Yes and what a fantastic version of MacArthur Park

Always been a favourite song of mine but this is probably the best version I've heard.

RIP Donna Summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Someone posted on their facebook that today was the biggest snowfall South Cheshire has seen in their lifetime (21 years) shows how little it snows round these here parts

Someone posted on their facebook that today was the biggest snowfall South Cheshire has seen in their lifetime (21 years) shows how little it snows round these here parts

Incredible if accurate.

EDIT: Light snow again here in Billinge near Wigan.

Edited by DaveMac82

Posted

Incredible if accurate.

I certainly can't think of a recent bigger fall. Was awesome to see parents transport their kids around on sledges. Even the grown ups were big kids today!

Posted

Left for Manchester around 5 as the left over system hit, scary over the tops in a RWD sports sedan with wide tires in blizzard conditions like that but yay I'm here.

Much less snow down here and the roads are clear, amazing how much difference 1000 FT in altitude makes during events like this.

Now for the big showers over the next 48 hours till I return, to be or not to be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

And I thought we did bad for snow! Every winter well always get at least a couple of decent falls.

likewise. generally anyway

Posted

And I thought we did bad for snow! Every winter well always get at least a couple of decent falls.

Precipitation is either shredded by the Welsh hills or by the Pennines/Peak district. We sit in a giant bowl of sorts

The problem was a lack of precipitation in 2010. Had the wind been slightly more NW'ly we would have been quids in.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

Precipitation is either shredded by the Welsh hills or by the Pennines/Peak district. We sit in a giant bowl of sorts

The problem was a lack of precipitation in 2010. Had the wind been slightly more NW'ly we would have been quids in.

We got absolutely hammered in December 2010!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

We got absolutely hammered in December 2010!

lasted for weeks too

Posted

Was nice to get out and about this afternoon and enjoy the snow. Looking forward to building Snowmen in the morning good.gif

post-14390-0-80874600-1358551294_thumb.j

Posted

November 2005 was comparable with this, before that you would have to go back to Jan & Feb 96 for greater depths than achieved today.