Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Today was a day that will live long in the memory and makes you glad to be walking this earth! 5 inches of perfect powder snow. Went out at 10am with the wife and kids and have just come back. Was like walking in the Chronicles of Narnia.

My favourite thing in the world of weather is crisp, deep, even and undisturbed snow. However mucky, slushy, well trodden and grit filled snow is not so nice.

That's why living in the country side is good and getting out before anyone else is also good, that Narnia experience only comes with undisturbed snow.

However well sledged snow is also great.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

The sky looks full of it around here, very orange glow, still heavy fine flakes falling, car windscreen already got a thin layer back on it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow cold weather and storms

Great days snow in ryde amazing

Posted

I don't wanto raise false hopes hear , but I THINK I'm seeing the beginning the first signs of back building on the radar , the ppn in the Bristol Channel is intense and moving east slowly, and the ppn towards Swindon is showing signs of growth.

Not saying its gonna be anything, but just an observation.

What were your totals SSIB, you were doing allright as early as last night!

We never really had huge flakes here today, but the persistence soon built up the totals

13cms at 70m more higher up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter snow

Wow this is really unxepected really heavy snow here now, just poped my head out the door to double check, What a nice surprise!

Where are you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold!!

Well not a bad bit of snow here in SE Cornwall. The forecast was accurate for this area and some of the snow is still around! Good to see my hometown of Trowbridge did well today, as did Swindon, where the wife's from.

Let's see what happens next!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

post-9095-0-94764600-1358532123_thumb.jppost-9095-0-94764600-1358532123_thumb.jppost-9095-0-94764600-1358532123_thumb.jppost-9095-0-94764600-1358532123_thumb.jp

on my phone so a bit dodgy . but over all about 7 inches. and drifts more than a foot. lovely day. still snowing.

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

Totally enjoyed today's excitement (thanks guys for keeping up our enthusiasm! clap.gif ) and ended up with a riverside walk and play in the untouched 10cm snow at dusk... beautiful.

Returned to shovel a pathway in the compacted snow/ice where the children were sledging earlier in our close (they will bounce but the oldies will crack - ouch!) only to find another dandruff flurry recolouring the tarmac! smile.png -1oC and falling! Whoo hoo...!!!

Posted

Final totals for the last 24 hours 15cm of snow, the lovely powder stuff as well and a few flakes still flying around. max temp 1.9c min temp -1.7. currently -1.7c DP -3.5c the wind seems to be picking up too. Been a fantastic dayclapping.gif I hope your right SSIB that would be a perfect ending to the daygood.gif Lets see what Mr F has to say.

Hope those who missed out will get lucky soon

Right time to open the sloe gin.

Posted

Well not a bad bit of snow here in SE Cornwall. The forecast was accurate for this area and some of the snow is still around! Good to see my hometown of Trowbridge did well today, as did Swindon, where the wife's from.

Let's see what happens next!!!!

I live in SE Cornwall and had no snow!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Sorry about that believe it or not that was actually 4 seperate photos , but I don't no why it's doing that !! Anyway a very good day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

post-9095-0-94764600-1358532123_thumb.jppost-9095-0-94764600-1358532123_thumb.jppost-9095-0-94764600-1358532123_thumb.jppost-9095-0-94764600-1358532123_thumb.jp

on my phone so a bit dodgy . but over all about 7 inches. and drifts more than a foot. lovely day. still snowing.

don't tell Sungirl that...she'll melt...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temp now 0.6c and dp of 0c.

Looking at the official met office figures from early morning it dropped from 4.3c to 0.6c in less than 2 hours!! That's impressive.

The temp keeps going up here, i wanted a freeze! :(

1.5°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Look at the precipitation building on the radar, looking good!

Rain today knackered at the moment, noticed some flurries in Poole now, anything coming this way?

Posted

Also to add, I helped push three cars today, all tried to take on big hills in front wheel drive cars with expected consequences (I left my car parked up today). Had to push them to the side/verge as they all got stuck blocking the road.

Very much a day of snow "comradery" for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold!!

I live in SE Cornwall and had no snow!!

I'm in Kelly Bray...had 5cm approx! We are at 150msl which has helped!

Posted

Rain today knackered at the moment, noticed some flurries in Poole now, anything coming this way?

Looks like there could be yeh, quite heavy here at the moment

Is it snowing in poole too?

Edited by Rapodo