Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Friday 18th >>

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Ironically neither of the orange warnings cover the areas getting pasted at the moment.

Posted

A light covering of snow in the East Neuk of Fife - road conditions tricky on the A917 (not often I get to say that). Alternately slushy/icy depending on proximity to the sea. +1.5c here in Crail. 0.9c in Leuchars.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

A light covering of snow in the East Neuk of Fife - road conditions tricky on the A917 (not often I get to say that). Alternately slushy/icy depending on proximity to the sea. +1.5c here in Crail. 0.9c in Leuchars.

Word of warning - the change to a more easterly wind might actually increase marginality at the coast as dewpoints start to rise a bit. I wouldn't worry too much and the fact that winds are going to get lighter might help a bit too but marginality is going to start to creep in at the Fife and Angus coasts. Improving by tomorrow evening though.

Posted

Not a thing here 15miles north of Aberdeen, on a plus note winds have turned and are now directly from the east and proper cold, even the dog was shivering when I put him put into the garden. Brrrrrrrrr

Posted

Word of warning - the change to a more easterly wind might actually increase marginality at the coast as dewpoints start to rise a bit. I wouldn't worry too much and the fact that winds are going to get lighter might help a bit too but marginality is going to start to creep in at the Fife and Angus coasts. Improving by tomorrow evening though.

Looking at the showers building in the North Sea snaw machine, I assume they are going to make better inroads inland?

Posted

Cheers LS - funnily enough I'm due to head to NW England tomorrow morning so I wouldn't be too bothered if things went more marginal! Best keep that quiet right enough! ;-)

Posted

Looking at the showers building in the North Sea snaw machine, I assume they are going to make better inroads inland?

Looks to be that way, NMM and yr.no think so as well. Very interesting few hours ahead, or even few days at this rate.

Posted

All of a sudden despite being mostly clear when it was getting dark it seems to have turned considerably cloudier

Posted

Whiteout in St Andrews by the looks of things, massive pulse of red on the radar. Looks to be easing somewhat in Edinburgh with the shift again slightly further east, but with the winds turning round we shouldn't be out of it for too long.

Posted

Whiteout in St Andrews by the looks of things, massive pulse of red on the radar. Looks to be easing somewhat in Edinburgh with the shift again slightly further east, but with the winds turning round we shouldn't be out of it for too long.

How long before the showers back more east LS?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Aye, nae pain, nae gain LS... Happy for us coasties to take our chances though. For the most part in 09/10 and first half of 10/11 it worked out OK. Looking good enough I think...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy cold winters & long warm summers. Some stormy weather too!

Ahh so frustrating! Showers seem to be stalling before they get here :(