Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long hot summers, cold winters.

i dont really give a damn.i had a boss night that turned from local into town,,,and plled a spanish chick.snow snow snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Temp is on the way down here now; been stuck at around -0.5°C all night, now it has dropped to -1.8°C in 15 minutes. Not bad.

Edit: -2.1·C now, how low can it get

Edited by Chris R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

-2.4 now

Posted

Posted

On my from Durham to todmorden. Are the roads ok down there? Think the worst bit could be when I get past harrogate.

Posted

Dropping slower but now -3.0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Whos taken my snow!!! My snow is thinning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

On my from Durham to todmorden. Are the roads ok down there? Think the worst bit could be when I get past harrogate.

I'm just over the hill from Todmorden and the main roads are clear here so I can't see there being a problem.

We just haven't had the volume of snow to cause problems although what has fallen has blown about.

What the conditions are like higher up towards the dales/NE though I can't say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Another overcast grey morning and currently 1.0c, less windy so not feeling quite as bitterly cold.

Posted

Manchester looks the place to be at the moment, them showers are easily making it over the Pennines - they should intensify throughout the day.

O yeah just checked, hope they do intensify, I could kiss you fot posting that ( I won't tough )

Edited by jam2010

Posted

Temperature has risen backup to -1.0°C but it's snowing lightly now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

BBC news 24 forecast shows the inevitable downgrade for the North West for Sunday's event.

No surprise really but the main area is to Far East to effect all but Pennine areas and, even though that brings myself and others who missed out on Friday's action into play, I just cannot see us getting anything of note from it.

Posted

Good morning, it's nice to wake up with snow on the ground :)

Horse racing meet at Haydock Park is cancelled due to the weather. Hopefully not too many football fixtures so I can still enjoy my Saturday flutter - I never win anyway!

Cloudy and cold -0.4c after a low of -1.5c

All eyes to the East today, I fancy some Pennine areas could see a few showers later, especially if the wind picks up.

Posted

Nope, the showers will be a constant feed today as the wind is a full on Easterly Direction. Hence the light snow here now.

You're right that the radar is showing a fair clump of showers heading towards the NW but the Pennines are eating them alive.

Some will make it through and we are having light snow here at the moment but to me the flow simply isn't strong enough to enable them to make inroads.

Possibly could be a day for us in the east of the region to play catch up.

Posted

I'm just over the hill from Todmorden and the main roads are clear here so I can't see there being a problem.

We just haven't had the volume of snow to cause problems although what has fallen has blown about.

What the conditions are like higher up towards the dales/NE though I can't say.

Thanks. Just arrived todmorden. Roads clear all the way. Have u had a thaw here? Was expecting loads more going off yesterday's radar. Meanwhile it's bleaching down back home. Typical.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

BBC news 24 forecast shows the inevitable downgrade for the North West for Sunday's event.

No surprise really but the main area is to Far East to effect all but Pennine areas and, even though that brings myself and others who missed out on Friday's action into play, I just cannot see us getting anything of note from it.

We were never going to. People were looking at the model ppn charts and seeing ppn over us. Which was really just very light. It's all going up the east coast so sadly we will miss out on the good stuff again. Those who stated the band would move SE to NW were largely mistaken.

Edit: Yes look east for now, you can clearly see from past and present radar images that the flow is picking up and showers are increasing. We might get a streamer of sorts hopefully.

Edited by Snowmad79