Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Can't see that being a problem down here today but we are having light snow in Bacup so I imagine it is snowing in Todmorden.

Got some jobs in bacup as well at the weir hotel. Don't think I'll have time today tho

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Sorry Chris, wasn't trying to be (if this doesn't say (if this doesn't say cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) Cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) (if this doesn't say cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) Cocky with my last reply but since Thursday tea time we have had we have had well over 24 hours of snow falling so it is a criticism of the intensity in somewhere which normally gets more than it's fair share of wet.

To put it into perspective, we had over 1900mm of rain in 2012.....the wettest year on record and on June 22nd alone 89mm fell.

So far this year we are at less than 20mm.

The Synoptics are perfect but as is often the case, it coincides with a dry period.

I haven't got a damn clue where the sentence in brackets came from.

I certainly didn't write it.

Must be snow in the system lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Got dandruff again here..

Might be time to try another shampoo? :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

swear filter is my guess pal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So Chorley missed the main event but got 2-3cm which has made everything white so not too bad.

Whats the score with this then

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/chorley#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1358726400

Looking for the next excitement!!!

Posted

hahaha @ Netweather censorship!! I thought it was a rather strange thing to say rofl.gif

Posted

The mountains are killing the showers over the far east of Cumbria! Dam it...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Got some jobs in bacup as well at the weir hotel. Don't think I'll have time today tho

Hope it's not an outside job your doing at the Weir Hotel otherwise you'll be freezing.

Just a bit exposed up there.

Posted

Sorry Chris, wasn't trying to be (if this doesn't say (if this doesn't say cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) Cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) (if this doesn't say cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) Cocky with my last reply but since Thursday tea time we have had we have had well over 24 hours of snow falling so it is a criticism of the intensity in somewhere which normally gets more than it's fair share of wet.

To put it into perspective, we had over 1900mm of rain in 2012.....the wettest year on record and on June 22nd alone 89mm fell.

So far this year we are at less than 20mm.

The Synoptics are perfect but as is often the case, it coincides with a dry period.

No need to apologise mate....we're all rightfully have expectations relative to where we live .....the cold looks like hanging round for a bit that's got to give you a chance of seeing some? Here on the other hand just has so much staked against it, we have no right to ever expect snow

Posted

Still snowing here, only light but snow all the same and the car is covered again.

Currently -1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

light snow here too. looking at the radar it seems to be building from this side of the pennines or ontop of them.

Posted

Looks like a more organised trough feature pushing in from the east hopefully some of the energy can make it over the mountains!

post-9615-0-70809400-1358587343_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Could be looking at another couple of mm if this snow-dust carries on :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Looks like a more organised trough feature pushing in from the east hopefully some of the energy can make it over the mountains!

perhaps this is the feature the fax charts showed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snowing here this morning which is nice, looking good for stuff to get over from the Pennines for the east of the region.

Posted

perhaps this is the feature the fax charts showed

Yes it could well be, seems to be making good progress!

Snowing near Alston to the east of the county - http://www.bbc.co.uk/cumbria/content/webcams/nenthead_webcam.shtml

Posted

Yes the band heading towards the Lakes seems to be a substantial feature and could give a decent covering in parts of the north of the region.

Down here the showers look somewhat lighter but they do look to be pepping up so again some areas could get lucky today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Light snow and graupel falling here, got a slight dusting on top of the 8 cm from yesterday. Interesting.