Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy

I doubt the snow ever make it here in Lancashire.

Dont think it will make east cheshire!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I just wish the Pennines just blown up by a atom bomb. spiteful.gifrofl.gif Just to let the snow in.

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted

I just wish the Pennines just blown up by a atom bomb. spiteful.gifrofl.gif

I think we should bulldoze them into the Irish Sea. We'd be east of them and no more warm sectors. WIN!!! :D

Posted

Yes your in the east of the region but west of the Pennines.if it sounds confusing you'd be better looking on Google Earth.

i know what you mean :)

Posted

ive just been told east

No, I said you are East of the region. You are on the Western side of the Pennines, the Eastern side is Yorkshire.

Posted

No, I said you are East of the region. You are on the Western side of the Pennines, the Eastern side is Yorkshire.

i know i have just said before you posted this :)

well wherever i am im snowless lol

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted

Is it just me or is moving slightly north I can't tell properly I've looked at the radar that much.

certainly looks that way

Posted

Is it just me or is moving slightly north I can't tell properly I've looked at the radar that much.

The stuff over the east of England is definitely moving N. Albeit painfully slowly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Never mind snow starved North Westerners.

When you wake up in the morning I will guarantee that you will see a white wonderland.

All you have to do is switch on Daybreak and within an hour you'll be sick of snow.

Reporters will be positioned around the worst parts of the country, all of which will be in the SE. Cameras will be set up close to the ground to emphasis just how deep the snow is. There will be pictures of railway stations and stopped trains as well as the obligitary reporter showing nothing but darkness somewhere around Heathrow Airport.

I even think Stanstead will get a mention if only to prove how far north the worst blizzard since the last one in the SE has gone.

Oh and they may just mention that the Pennines are under two feet of snow with all roads between east and west blocked.

Can't wait.

Posted

When you wake up in the morning I will guarantee that you will see a white wonderland.

All you have to do is switch on Daybreak and within an hour you'll be sick of snow.

Reporters will be positioned around the worst parts of the country, all of which will be in the SE. Cameras will be set up close to the ground to emphasis just how deep the snow is. There will be pictures of railway stations and stopped trains as well as the obligitary reporter showing nothing but darkness somewhere around Heathrow Airport.

I even think Stanstead will get a mention if only to prove how far north the worst blizzard since the last one in the SE has gone.

Oh and they may just mention that the Pennines are under two feet of snow with all roads between east and west blocked.

Can't wait.

lol

Posted

Can't wait.

i dont think so not putting tv on lol Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted

Can't wait.

And they'll no doubt have regular interviews with random southerners blaming the government for it all! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I could laugh at people in Eastern half of UK that got stuck in the snow, villages cut off and traffic jams everywhere. And we dont know what the fuzzies about here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

i dont think so

Which part won't happen.

The reporters around the SE or two foot of snow on the Pennines,

Maybe I did slightly exaggerate with that.

Probably only be about 18 inches deep in the end

Posted

I really don't understand the people who complain when the snow affects their travel plans.

There is an easy solution .... move to this part of the NW, there would be no problems with the roads rails or the airports. Then again i am not sure i'd want a load of southerners on my doorstep .... they'd only complain about the rain.

GFS pushed the breakdown back a bit, only model to do this up to now though. Next saturdays chart is a banker, if only it was at t-0.

Posted

Anybody got a clue as to what time is this not meant to hit ??

Which part won't happen.

i meant im not putting tv on to be teased.

Look at what you could of won.

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted

Which part won't happen.

I think they'll have at least one reporter outside Backtrack's house - just in case!! :D

Posted

I wish it was the 80s again snow was a plenty when i was 3/4/5 years old.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, new thread coming shortly so please finish off any posts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

I wish it was the 80s again snow was a plenty when i was 3/4/5 years old.

most certainly was.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, new thread here ----------->

locking this one shortly