Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

For Sunday evening/night, I'm going with the GFS. There precipitation charts were far nearer the mark than the rest for yesterdays event, so we could be looking at 6-12 hours of snow starting from around 18-00hrs tomorrow.

Posted

Well witht he breakdown on the horizon and having very little snow, just stuff blown of the pennines really, I fear that this sunday/monday will be me last chance of snow in this spell. This spell might be the only one this winter for me too, i hope im wrong but with the pv relocating i fear that will be winter over for me.

Posted

For Sunday evening/night, I'm going with the GFS. There precipitation charts were far nearer the mark than the rest for yesterdays event, so we could be looking at 6-12 hours of snow starting from around 18-00hrs tomorrow.

not getting my hopes up :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Hill are shrouded in cloud and we have had virtually constant fine snow for hours, it is covering foot prints etc. It is very dry stuff so won't build up fast but is drifiting nicely!

It's like Groundhog Day at the moment around here.

Just a shame that the snow isn't heavier though.

Sf I like the picture with the snow on.

Is it taken from Bacuo Rec looking down the valley.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Well witht he breakdown on the horizon and having very little snow, just stuff blown of the pennines really, I fear that this sunday/monday will be me last chance of snow in this spell. This spell might be the only one this winter for me too, i hope im wrong but with the pv relocating i fear that will be winter over for me.

not checked charts for days. when is the breakdown trending for?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Day 6.. where it has firmly remained for the last few days......

Posted

Day 6.. where it has firmly remained for the last few days......

oh cheers guys. a nailed on cert then Lol.

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

As yesterday eve. Bits of snow flying about. Coming to nothing so far. Looking blackish over the east though.

There's plenty going on in the radar over N.Yorkshire. Is all that coming over here?

Salt lorry has (at last) come up to dose our hill roads. Do they know something?

http://xcweather.co.uk/

Has mostly taken the snow away and brought back RAIN later in the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

the beeb had charts for the ssw and it showd a trend for a few weeks yet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/21066768

Posted

At the minute for next weekend, this is being indicated by all the models but despite this it still wouldn't surprise me if it was put back by at least a day or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Yes it does show a better scenario for our region but the heavier stuff shown matches the Met O/BBC idea of it being a more easterly based fall.

That said the BBC is so biased towards EA & SE than we could be up looking at mega falls and the 5 to 10 cm due there would always take centre stage.

I wouldn't be surprised If an amber warning is issued for them today followed by a red one on Sunday morning.

Posted

At the minute for next weekend, this is being indicated by all the models but despite this it still wouldn't surprise me if it was put back by at least a day or so.

cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

06z slight downgrade for tomorrow and now all our roofs are covered with snow from this snizzle

Posted

day six of lying snow and the common has looked lovely all week. not a bad little spell despite low amounts

Posted

oh cheers guys. a nailed on cert then Lol.

Not cert but all 3 models are now showing it for similar timescales. God i hope im wrong but the agreement between the 3 doesnt fill me with confidence. Last nights ECM was epic but never destined to verify really was it? GFS and UKMET both have PPN getting into the northwest with varying intensity but again expect it to be down graded just like the one gone. IM sorry im not full of optimisum this morning but watching that front stall less than 5 miles away from me really has takem the spirit out of me sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

All models starting to firm up on a downgrade but netweather forecaster Nick only puts it at 60% so hardly nailed on at this stage.

Posted

Not cert but all 3 models are now showing it for similar timescales. God i hope im wrong but the agreement between the 3 doesnt fill me with confidence. Last nights ECM was epic but never destined to verify really was it? GFS and UKMET both have PPN getting into the northwest with varying intensity but again expect it to be down graded just like the one gone. IM sorry im not full of optimisum this morning but watching that front stall less than 5 miles away from me really has takem the spirit out of me sorry.gif

I know what you're saying it was pretty pants but the diamond dust that followed was nice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

snow is slightly heavier here atm.

Posted

06z slight downgrade for tomorrow and now all our roofs are covered with snow from this snizzle

Don't think it was every going to be anything other than a eastern event.

Now we are just getting it confirmed.

Models are showing possibilities for a region wide event Monday Into Tuesday.

Mmmmmmmmmm now where have we seen that idea before.