Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincs Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z --------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

N e sign of snow coming to York ? local forcast changed to sleet now but temp really feels like its dropped after a slight thaw this afternoon

I would say its looking good for York, although it is near enough sea level, its 40 miles inland so shouldnt receive any warming effect from the sea. Driving to York in the morning, hoping for an interesting drive!

Edited by vizzy2004

Posted

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

Can't post the screen shot, but take a look at temperatures in the precipitation further south - East Anglia etc. Clearly evaporative cooling is reducing temperatures as the heavier precipiation begins to fall. My point being - don't worry if your temperature readings are looking a little on the high side.They will fall as the precipitations hits! Everything bang on track as per the latest models. Reckon this is going to be a good one!

My 100th post in 10 years as a member - I don't like to rush things!!

Edited by Lakes Tom

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Oooh radar does not look great at the mo

Its looking ok to me, want to see what it does when it hits the Pennines, could be interesting.

Also the wind change now to an E/N Easterly which will hopefully keep it around us.

Edited by Machu Picchu

Posted

nice surprise to see it still snowing, not sure how much longer its due to go on for

met office site has changed again, heavy snow at 9pm, light snow from midnight till midday

Edited by sparky1972

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

Can't post the screen shot, but take a look at temperatures in the precipitation further south - East Anglia etc. Clearly evaporative cooling is reducing temperatures as the heavier precipiation begins to fall. My point being - don't worry if your temperature readings are looking a little on the high side.They will fall as the precipitations hits! Everything bang on track as per the latest models. Reckon this is going to be a good one!

My 100th post in 10 years as a member - I don't like to rush things!!

Yup. It should start of as snow for anyone inland, may not settle at first but you wait and see - seen many similar events in the past.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Deakin just said on news 24 that the area of snow will grind to a halt over north east England and Eastern Scotland tomorrow, but I wouldn´t be surprised if this happened a bit further south over our region on strength of how slowly its moved up from south this afternoon.

Edited by Bradowl

Posted

Deakin just said on news 24 that the area of snow will grind to a halt over north east England and Eastern Scotland tomorrow, but I wouldn´t be surprised if this happened a bit further south over our region on strength of how slowly its moved up from south this afternoon.

I agree its taken a bit longer for it to travel up and they have had 12 hours of snow fall, but latest forecast still showed south and west yorks snowing at 8am tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Moderate snow now starting to fall in barnsley smile.png let the event begin!

Actually raining in Darton!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

ITS SNOWIIIIIIIIIINGexcl.pngdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

*waves to fellow skegnessian* yep that horrid rain is slowly turning to snow ..yay!

hey yeahhh bro dew point must of been to high feel alright now woop :)

Posted

Going by Wunderground I has hope that our temperature will fall enough for us to see snow here in Grimsby and surrounding areas that are affected by this WARM east wind. The website has Skegness and Boston at 0 and they appear to be under heavier precipitation than currently here. We can but hope. Further inland looks great for tonight, very jealous.

Posted

1oC at the moment and was sleety in nature out to Billinghay about half hour ago, but i have just got back and the flakes are getting bigger so it will be interesting to see where we are in a few hours needless to say the roads are well salted and clear at this time.#

LO

Posted

Going by Wunderground I has hope that our temperature will fall enough for us to see snow here in Grimsby and surrounding areas that are affected by this WARM east wind. The website has Skegness and Boston at 0 and they appear to be under heavier precipitation than currently here. We can but hope. Further inland looks great for tonight, very jealous.

Back to sleet here - fingers crossed the changes at Skeg and Boston will move here soon - need some snow fluffiesgood.gif

Posted

The temperatures are finally falling here but only slowly. Currently bang on 2 degrees which is still way too warm for anything other than sleet at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

I just want a *snow day* at work then I can go play in the snow lol

yeah defo its getting heavier small flakes still but i dont care coz its SNOW!!!