Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 21/01/13 6z Onwards

Coast

Posted

Celebrate or commiserate your regional weather here!

Posted

Where is the snow coming from, mmmmmm think I better turn on tv and have a look please let it be over us, even if it is just a little bit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Where is the snow coming from, mmmmmm think I better turn on tv and have a look please let it be over us, even if it is just a little bit

Agree! Any chance of south Devon seeing any good amount of snowfall during tomorrow?

Posted

Agree! Any chance of south Devon seeing any good amount of snowfall during tomorrow?

well it will be the only chance we will have to see any snow George .

Posted

A little snow here today 2cm but the roads are all clear, well done the councildoh.gif. Ruined my day I still have to go to work. Fingers crossed now for an Irish streamer! Lots of refreshing of the radar today me thinks.

I'm gutted for all of those north of us, you poor sods missed out on the last snow and now this lot, I have my fingers crossed for you. Nobody in the south west should miss out.

Is the forecast realistically going to give us in Cornwall any more?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Met office just downgraded this snow event to pratically nothing :(

Posted

Wow!! That NAE is literally one of the best charts I have seen!! (IMBY!) That darkest bit is over me (around)!!!! Though I'm still confused as to the values it gives, and I find it hard to read, anyone help??

Edit: sorry, it's the key that confuses me, as it says 0.1, as the first measure of snow amounts, then says 12, then 5??? Am I missing something here!

Edited by dec10snow

Posted

Gfs isn't great and the UKMO have dropped the Idea of heavy snow tomorrow , having slipped the PPN South. NAE is all we have left supporting the staling front tomorrow .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

A little snow here today 2cm but the roads are all clear, well done the councildoh.gif. Ruined my day I still have to go to work. Fingers crossed now for an Irish streamer! Lots of refreshing of the radar today me thinks.

I'm gutted for all of those north of us, you poor sods missed out on the last snow and now this lot, I have my fingers crossed for you. Nobody in the south west should miss out.

Is the forecast realistically going to give us in Cornwall any more?

Well you guys where forecasted rain last night ,we in Plymouth saw some last thurs .seems to me the met are underestimating are chances of snow .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Sun

Met office showing nothing for Bristol tomorrow???? What did I miss overnight? :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers
13012218_2018.gifNAE has moved everything a bit further South. Much to be decided dut someone will get a decent fall going in to Tuesday morning but who?13012218_2100.gif Edited by snow drift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

I can feel a Met Office warning being issued for tomorrow...fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Is frome likely to get snow, i missed the forecast.

Met office showing nothing for Bristol tomorrow???? What did I miss overnight? :(

Watch the national and local BBC weather forecasts this morning. Potentially a lot of snow on the way although Snowmadchris's post above has got me worried things may be changing. Very confused. We need the the Pro's view. Ian where are you.?

Posted

Watch the national and local BBC weather forecasts this morning. Potentially a lot of snow on the way although Snowmadchris's post above has got me worried things may be changing. Very confused. We need the the Pro's view. Ian where are you.?

Well this is there chart for tomorrow morning ,, (UKMO)

UW30-594.GIF?21-06

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted

13012218_2018.gifNAE has moved everything a bit further South. Much to be decided dut someone will get a decent fall going in to Tuesday morning but who?13012218_2100.gif

I have the '30' bit over me!!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Well this is there chart for tomorrow morning ,, (UKMO)

UW30-594.GIF?21-06

Can you explain why please Chris? I see no precip over the SW... Is this what you mean? No snow for us?

Posted

I have the '30' bit over me!!! biggrin.png

Lets hope that our area gets plenty. I think your area is good. Down here it will be more of a sleety mess but fri was great so this would be a bonus if we saw some fall. Still much to be agreed on. The latest three NAE runs have changed quite alot.

Ice Berg will be enjoying the latest NAE and hoping it stays similar.

Edited by snow drift

Posted

Can you explain why please Chris? I see no precip over the SW... Is this what you mean? No snow for us?

Exactly .... It has moved everything south , It goes on to show some Snow for cornwall later in the day , but this probably falling as rain ... It's the Somerset /Bristol stalling situation that seems to be losing support , and any further Southward shift today and the whole area could miss ... Looking forward to 6z data , hope it improves things a tad .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Exactly .... It has moved everything south , It goes on to show some Snow for cornwall later in the day , but this probably falling as rain ... It's the Somerset /Bristol stalling situation that seems to be losing support , and any further Southward shift today and the whole area could miss ... Looking forward to 6z data , hope it improves things a tad .

Great. That's what I thought you meant. Oh well. Only another hour before we see.. Thanks Chris.

Posted

Possibly but a correction slightly further North and game on for many. Prefer NAE at this range tho.

Posted

Possibly but a correction slightly further North and game on for many. Prefer NAE at this range tho.

Yes I am pretty confused by that , usually I find the NAE is a kind of combination of all the models , but lately it seems almost to be a stand alone model . Still why it is showing what it is , gives us all hope ... Going to check the other high res model now.