Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 21st January 2103, 12z onwards

Coast

I recall SS noting that yr.no had you pair down for snow until 1800hrs Tuesday ..

There will be an angry mob of Regional Snawshield sufferers wielding Snow shovels on there way to you if that verifies!

thankfully they will not make it here unless they have a tractor!! I m stunned by this, second best snow event of my life, after Feb 96. Still going so it could beat that one too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Clearing with blue skies in Aberdeen - honestly!

I see it too, but then again for the first time today we've had a shower in Dyce heavy enough to leave a dusting on the cars. Still a very short shower though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

snow is defo much lighter here, think itll fizzle out soon, heres hoping it picks up later again, a bit of a letdown yet again. what an infuriating winter this has been so far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Well organised these Snawshielded ones...

post-7292-0-32695800-1358781174_thumb.jp

The trio on the far right of this picture look like marginality has pushed them right over the edge..

Edited by lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

And now on BBC2, Winterwatch:

post-736-0-00637300-1358781219_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

thankfully they will not make it here unless they have a tractor!!

Wanna bet on that? I've got a bloody good pair of boots, y'know...

I am smiling though at myself - I'm getting really excited because it's settling here into a light covering 1/2 inch thick - while you guys have two foot of the stuff and still coming, and a day or two ago it was all set for a Nov 2010 re-run for me here!

But it's still exciting even though there's not the depth I hoped for - and it's a LOT better than no snow at all when the rest of the UK has tons of the stuff - nothing more galling than living in Scotland and having nae snaw when friends in southern England have forty foot of the stuff... suffice to say Blokey and I are going to ahve to come to an arrangement: either I move to the far south fo England for my snow or he stops exclaiming about how much of it there is there :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Getting a bit heavier again, I think the next lot of bright echoes to the east could well be a direct hit here.

Impressed how quickly it's come on, everything going dark agin, visibility reduced to KB and properly mental snow now.

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Severe weather warning now in force on Skye.......I HAVE SEEN FIVE SNOWFLAKES!!!!!!!

Edited by mistyqueen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Been throwing it down with snow here for the last hour and a half roughly. Some lighter interludes bust mostly heavy.

T 0.8C, D -0.5C

Edited by Calum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Lss. are you in Edinburgh

Yeah, huge variations across the city even in terms of precipitations intensity, big flakes and more moderate here but that East Lothian pulse looks like it will hit within ten-twenty minutes.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

snow is defo much lighter here, think itll fizzle out soon, heres hoping it picks up later again, a bit of a letdown yet again. what an infuriating winter this has been so far

I am with you on that. I think this is now the third and 99% guaranteed event that has failed to materialise this winter. I think if NASA sent me written guarantee of a snow storm signed by the President. I would still not believe it. From now on not getiing excited about any snow events. Just do a Nowcast. To be honest yesterday was better for us -2 all day,wee dusting of snow and a nip in the air. Today has just been dull and slushy.

Posted

Oh My God.

That is cold outside.

Really really cold.

My fingers are close to frostbite.....school run....ow.

And, it's snowing... I would normally care, but I can't feel anything.

<touch typing with my nose>

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

been snowing here on and off all day but nothing settling.

it did settle this morning aswell but then it went off and everything melted and nothing else has been able to settle all day.

if only it had kept snowing this morning.

Posted

Just picked the wee man up from school and can't believe the drop in temperature. Was out clearing the drive earlier and it was cold but it really has dropped this afternoon.

Still snowing and has been pretty consistent since 8am. I am led to believe that things may get worse later.

M...

Posted

Yeah, huge variations across the city even in terms of precipitations intensity, big flakes and more moderate here but that East Lothian pulse looks like it will hit within ten-twenty minutes.

Hi LS, yep, that pulse has started to hit here on coastal East Lothian, the snow is heavy and starting to stick so for anyone in Embra - should be OK.

Posted

GFS a big precipitation upgrade for overnight:

ukprec.png

Still heavy tomorrow morning for many:

ukprec.png

Very snowy now here.