Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 21st January 2103, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

Just picked the wee man up from school and can't believe the drop in temperature. Was out clearing the drive earlier and it was cold but it really has dropped this afternoon.

Still snowing and has been pretty consistent since 8am. I am led to believe that things may get worse later.

M...

Do I need to leave work early to get home? How are the roads up that way?

Posted

Much as I'm despairing of the models just now - the GFS has thrown me into full ramp mode.

Tonight is the night...

I feel it in my wee wee

:)

Motorways are clear, just wet - not sure about further north though - check nadics.org....

Thanks for charts LSS. Lights went for a full couple of seconds but came back on. This is amazing. So glad we moved out here onto a moor. Rent is cheaper and council tax is band B. Plus it's snowing like absolute crazy.

Posted

Very snowy now here.

My cycle back up to Currie could be much more 'interesting' than the way down this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Rent is cheaper and council tax is band B. Plus it's snowing like absolute crazy.

Was that last bit in the terms of lease?

Posted

thankfully they will not make it here unless they have a tractor!! I m stunned by this, second best snow event of my life, after Feb 96. Still going so it could beat that one too.

Catch what's the sit-rep there just now? And also how close are you to Hawick - I have relatives in Hawick but haven't heard from them all day. I don't suppose you have any pictures of your current situation to make us all jealous?

Posted

Main roads appear fine. Side roads if already covered with snow over the last few days are picking up a fair bit more. I heard at the school gates that Stirling is reasonably free of snow so I would think you will be okay (maybe not what you want to hear) wink.png

M...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Batman has uploaded a video of heavy Snaw around Gleneagles.

http://www.mobypictu...V/view/14660993

Edit : Thankfully not a BFT road safety video..

Edited by lorenzo

Posted

Ruzzi Hawick is thirty miles away. How do I do pics from my mobile. Must be easy but have never done it. Got a Samsung Galaxy thingy.

Should just be case of finding the upload photo link at the bottom of your post and finding the file on your phone, probably in a folder called Gallery.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

LS or LORENZO what is the chances of us not seeing a brekdown of the cold as the 12z gfs seems to have taken a nice westward shift in the atlantic so far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Just watching the 12z roll out now, interesting to see what the trough being shredded at the southern tip of Greenland will deliver.

Posted

Amazing - to look up at the sky here, you'd think is was to be a fine night! Hard to believe forecasters are still expecting more to come.

Ive given up. its not going to happen here today, tonioght or tomorrow!! BBC lunchtime weather shows rain for tonight and........rain tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

well the tiny amount of snow which started to lie has now gone, temps hovering around 0 and proper snow still falling. totally confused and gettin a bit fed up with it all to be honest, nae idea whats goin on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Just had a wee 10 second power cut!

Not all fun and games here....

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

this latest burst of heavier snow seems to have finally managed to lie.

Not settled here. Did the school run and it was very windy and snowy, but everything that had settled on the car has now melted (I think I may have de ja vu for the 20th time today).

Edit - Also, girls came out of school very disappointed after hearing it was snowing all day (and only getting inside play) to discover no more snow - in fact less snow than this morning. Then eldest tells me very excitedly that she got tomorrows homework tonight because teacher said the school may very well be closed tomorrow because of snow. Just had to break it to her that this is really not likely to happen. fool.gif

Edited by over_the_rainbow

Posted

This burst seems to be actually setting on the ground (how long it will last who knows)

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Ruzzi, January 21, 2013 - didn't mean to submit, delete on sight
Hidden by Ruzzi, January 21, 2013 - didn't mean to submit, delete on sight

Well if nothing else I found out that my fiesta is absolutely useless in the snow (not even deep at all either)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

GFS a big precipitation upgrade for overnight:

ukprec.png

Still heavy tomorrow morning for many:

ukprec.png

Very snowy now here.

Sorry - can't get excited about this! Seen too many charts lately seemingly going to give a good dump and nothing happens. This just raises hopes for what amounts to wet snaw!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Never has so much snow fell on so many and given such little

I may shut blinds in office not look at radar and go home and not come on here and just get up in morning and see whats happening.....I wish I could flecking do that but will never happen....

wow everything just gone all white as he looks up but it appears hail has caused it....still could be a base for snaw....

no more reports from Mrs Edo so hope its still lying at home and to be honest questioning her ability to establish if indeed it was lying.....

questioning everything except the latest
GFS
overnighter
:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Ive given up. its not going to happen here today, tonioght or tomorrow!! BBC lunchtime weather shows rain for tonight and........rain tomorrow.

BBC weather still has me under amber and not a flake in sight.