Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in Winter, sunny in Summer :-)

Well I got all excited this afternoon having seen a bit of snow falling but...... It stopped late afternoon and there's been nothing since. I'm guessing it'll be icy in the morning but that will probably be the only white I see. Bit disappointed as I love snow and we've been spoilt here and had at least some snow for six of the last eight Winters since we moved here.... Aww well here's hoping February delivers something more substantial. Enjoy it, those who have it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Definitely some building to the east of the band again, feel we will see further developments hear.

Just went out for a second walk, manic, brilliant, and very snowy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Very heavy snow here right now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I certainly didn't expect that snow tonight after seeing the rainfall forecast yesterday. A good covering of around 5cm I'd say so spot on from the Met Office warnings issued today really!

So for the end of this week - transitional snow/freezing rain perhaps before milder air sweeps in (if it does ;) )? Hopefully an interesting end rather than full blown thaw before anything arrives. Time will tell...

Here's hoping for a final bite of winter during February before I can look forward to chasing thundery lows in F.I from mid-spring crazy.gifhappy.png

Keep safe if you're driving tomorrow!

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Looks like Somerset, Gloucestershire and Worcestershire have been the sweet spots todaygood.gif

Not my bit of Gloucestershire lol. Although it's pretty good on higher ground. Will look forward to a walk up the hill first thing.

Generally it seems some elevation was key with tonight's set up, although being under the heavy ppn may well have done the trick here.

Still not over yet though, maybe a surprise through the night! Who knows!smile.png

Posted

Its like watching paint dry.. Temps have now gone to 1c Its moving so slow. IT seems to get to Landkey and go round back up the link road. pluss its just fizzling out as it reaches us due to it moving so slow

kaz

It is! I'm using wundergrounds live radar as well as netweathers seems to have got to south molton now. I reckon we may be lucky this time as there is quite an intense band of ppn in the centre

Edited by Olly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

West somerset is certainly taking a pounding but could do with some more to come round on east and central areas. clapping.gif

We had hours of heavy snow but it just wouldn't settle, then it finally started settling, we get nearly an inch worth of covering and then it disappears. Watching the radar and running the animation I would say that is it for here tonight bar maybe a flurry or 2.

Posted

really sad and dissappointed, only slush here in magor......think my homeland Bristol has done better than me though so thats nice, well done to all who has had the snow, but have to admit I am jeleous lol. bad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Hi mullender83 In Ilminster we've had 4 1/2 to 5 inches and it's still snowing. Slow for the last hour but increasing as i post. Looking at the radar looks like we might get another heavy spell later. As im new to all this, could anyone confirm if im right pls. (Just for peace of mind that im reading charts right)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Hi mullender83 In Ilminster we've had 4 1/2 to 5 inches and it's still snowing. Slow for the last hour but increasing as i post. Looking at the radar looks like we might get another heavy spell later. As im new to all this, could anyone confirm if im right pls. (Just for peace of mind that im reading charts right)

Hard to tell but it looks good for you to get more, just hope ppn fills this anoying void over somerset!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

damn.....told my missus that she was some lucky bint, that she'd get 6 inches +...... twice in 4 days!......She laughed sarcastically on friday, laughed even harder tonight after a flimsy 3cm..........still, on the weather front though, it's snowed good tonight! laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Snow eased off over the last hour but is coming down heavy again, as another narrow band of precipitation moves in from the southeast directly over my area. It seems like my location is a magnet for it at the moment!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's coming down thick and fast here. Big massive flakes and settling on wet ground and cars. Woop!

Edited by Mark Neal.

Posted

still sleety snow here about a cm or 2 more on top of snow that was still here, could be better, could be worse im happy :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

After seeing heavy snow for around 5 minutes I was hoping it was here to last. Unfortunately its turned back to sleet / very light snow and doesnt look good on the current radar. Sightly disapointed as this was the first fall this winter and sadly it was quite shocking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Not only is the snow really heavy here but the wind is real strong too...

really sad and dissappointed, only slush here in magor......think my homeland Bristol has done better than me though so thats nice, well done to all who has had the snow, but have to admit I am jeleous lol. bad.gif

Not sure that's correct about Bristol yes we've had heavy snow but Most of it has failed to settle only a slight dusting here in Montpelier. Shame as certain areas North and South of Bristol seem to have done really well

Posted

Just had a quick drive out of Portsmouth to try & find some snow. Rain turned sleety once off the island & it turned to proper snow by Horndean. Then went to Clanfield & drove on the road to East Meon, which was very scary as the snow was coming down like a blizzard & blowing off the fields onto the road which was already covered. Decided to try & find civilisation (& gritted roads!) so headed to Petersfield where I thought it best to head back down the A3 to the rain on the Costa del Solent rather than risk ending up in a ditch good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Blimey, we've ran through over 700 posts in the past 8 hours!......time for a new thread for the overnight period, so please finish off any posts.....link to follow

Posted

temp seems to be creeping up a little here its been ranging between 0.6-0.8 for last 2 hours. could do with it being a little lower.

Posted

ok, new thread folks ------------->

locking this one in a mo