Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Just woke up to heavy snow where did this come from added another couple of cm or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

Just woke up to heavy snow where did this come from added another couple of cm or so.

Yup, me too. Quite wet snow though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Since I been working all night can say its snowed all night quite modrately and heavy at times also! Easy at least extra 5cm. And it's still coming down now! It's the 3rd time in a week were for forecasters under estimated midland snowfall. Got to say though the NAE has been pretty spot on all week! It be interesting tonight and tomorrow what it will show for Friday. I certainly be following it!

Posted

The NAE has been excellent over the cold spell much better than the GFS, who was having none of this event and the NMM.

Edited by Ian Brown

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Still moderate snow here, i have forgot what it looks like not to see it snowing when i look out of the window. This is my best winter in terms of snow than i can remember for a long time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Wow what a covering this morning! I estimate we had around 8 cm. Currently it's -1.2oC (temp slowly dropping). Everything is white, even the telephone wires have a white coating, really beautiful outside.

Posted

Light snow just started again in Evesham

In terms of snow fall frequency this has been a good spell - unfortunately the ground has just been too warm so a lot hasn't settled and/or has quickly melted afterwards. Nearly half the grass in my garden remains snow free .....

Edited by Essan

Posted

I agree with other posters on here , this spell has been the snowiest week in the west mids I can remember, personally here it's snowed every day for the last 7 days ! :) . For once instead of just missing out , even when it looked like it was gonna be south or east of the region , the luck has been with us and diverted the snow our way :) . A chance of a few good hours of heavy snow tommorow also. Snowing moderately at the mo , and should be on and off til lunch. Fantastic weather no moaning from me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still snowing, another 2cms, but up to 0.0C now, sky a little lighter, I seem on eastern edge of this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Light snow falling. This latest snowfall has been the most satisfying because of the large flake size, even though the total from this is rather less than the first fall earlier on, if that makes sense. Loving this weather! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Light snow falling. This latest snowfall has been the most satisfying because of the large flake size, even though the total from this is rather less than the first fall earlier on, if that makes sense. Loving this weather! biggrin.png

Still coming down well, but not huge flakes, maybe I am a bit low, my biggest flakes were friday morning

Posted

Another 2-3 cm here. Snowing on and off now. All trees and bushes wonderfully white again.

Posted

smile.png . A chance of a few good hours of heavy snow tommorow also.

I so hope your wrong - nobody else has mentioned that . I want to go to work tomorrow, and hopefully Friday morning at least.

sorry.gif

Edited by mr benn

Posted

I so hope your wrong - nobody else has mentioned that . I want to go to work tomorrow, and hopefully Friday morning at least.

Not til afternoon early evening

sorry.gif

Posted

Woke up this morning to find another couple of cm's or so fell overnight. Indeed it was still snowing up until thirty minutes ago.

Temp is -0.2, DP is -0.6

Bish