Ireland Regional Discussions 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

Looks like you guys are in for a battering today:

6ce640af52182d6dc933bcd26902a077.gif

Posted

Looks like you guys are in for a battering today:

6ce640af52182d6dc933bcd26902a077.gif

Yeah Coast things really kicking up here now! I was gonna head to the coast for a few photos but I think I'll give it a miss and go tomorrow morning when things settle down a little! Some massive wave being reported from North West and West Donegal!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Not much wind here yet, but looks like getting very windy soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Seems nobody is interested in the storms? Flooding in Galway, building being damaged across the country, gusts well over 100km/h.

Sounds quite wild out in Cork now too, and the Lee is climbing quite quickly. Could be some flooding in the next hour.

Posted

Went a run to Ballyliffen Beach today and conditions were horrendous! Couldn't even get out if the van. I would say the waves were at least 20/30ft! The wind is really picking up now! I love a good storm!

Posted

So at the minute Donegal Bay and the West coast is seeing the biggest waves in the world. Up to 50ft! Donegal Weather channel on Facebook has graphs up showing it! that's mad!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

had really nasty weather here this afternoon, very stormy for a while, calmed down a bit now.river here cant take much more rain water, or bad flooding is imminent.forecast doesn't look good either.

batten down the hatches folks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

The wind is roaring at me, I'm scared :o , our bins have already toppled over so the rubbish has been vacated to the garage for now

Posted

Lights flickering and sky signal not great, strong gusts here... Took a drive up past the knockagh yesterday, some impressive snow drifts remained in a few fields from last weeks snow.

Posted

out for a drive today and amazed at how much snow remains in places. lots of big drifts around slievemore wind farm outside Ballygawley, some small drifts around murlough wind farm between fivemiletown and fintona. some huge ribbons of snow visible on western end of sliabh beagh hills can be seen from the main road and also slivers of snow near the top of mullaghcarn visible from omagh. western aspects seem to have all the big drifts. anyone else with reports of snow still left around the province?

Posted

Some drifts left on the Sperrins between Cookstown and Feeny. Also some on the Buncrana side of the Donegal Hills. I would say that we will see a bit more snow before winters out and from a more favourable NW/N direction! Here's hoping anyway.

Posted

Some drifts left on the Sperrins between Cookstown and Feeny. Also some on the Buncrana side of the Donegal Hills. I would say that we will see a bit more snow before winters out and from a more favourable NW/N direction! Here's hoping anyway.

cheers ronan. surprised at the longevity of the snow considering we've had 4 days of mild, wind, heavy rain.

Posted

There was a squall today around lunchtime in Dublin city and I swear I never saw it's likes before. Buildings shook, alarms were set off, and the rumble I heard sounded like a building collapsing... Turns out it was a wall in a flat complex. Very stormy all day, and some torrential bursts of rain.

Would ordinarily love a good storm, but not today, not when I was stuck in work!!!

Posted

There has been a signal for something very nice between 7th and 12th February for a while, hopefully will make it all the way down to t+0....

Shades of December 2010...

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20130128/18/288/h500slp.png

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I would love for us to get a good Arctic blast from the north. I would usually expect us to get one or two at least half decent northerly outbreaks per winter,however last winter we got none and none so far this winter,hopefully next month we will get one. I dont always get snow from them at my location but i love the bright weather that they bring,that crystal clear arctic air.

Posted

For us tonight's storm turned out to be a bit of a non-event,windy but nothing special. Disappointing.

There's still snow at Four Winds, ex-snowmen and piles of snow from where people industriously cleare their drives.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

MOD thread is tedious reading at the minute. We look to be in line for a cold spell of weather (including Scotland and Northern England) which could be the coldest of the winter, yet some deny there's cold coming???cc_confused.gif

The Model Output should consider ALL areas of the UK and Ireland, not just South and Eastern England.