Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

He says sleet bounces on the ground, his definition of what sleet is is massively different to my interpretation of what sleet actually is. Does anyone else agree with me on this?

Yes.

Posted

Just had a loud rumble here, wondered what the hell it was but I'm assuming thunder!!

Looking at the radar and spherics, rain and static heading into Cheshire from Wales shortly !

Posted

Just had a loud rumble here, wondered what the hell it was but I'm assuming thunder!!

Lots of unusual noises being heard tonight, the fact it's consistent with the weather leads me to believe it's IC lightning, or failing that military manouvers around the Irish Sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Mod thread looking with much more hopeful overtones for the next cold spell. Worth dipping into regularly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

He says sleet bounces on the ground, his definition of what sleet is is massively different to my interpretation of what sleet actually is. Does anyone else agree with me on this?

Aye, the UK definition is rain and snow falling together; in the US it's hard ice-pellets - the stuff that 'pings' on the windies??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Lots of unusual noises being heard tonight, the fact it's consistent with the weather leads me to believe it's IC lightning, or failing that military manouvers around the Irish Sea.

Or Alien intervention ,finally they have come to help us sort out the mess we have made.........................or kill us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

Loud rumble of Thunder here as the rain carries on pouring ... still got a full cover but it will be soon patchy.

For many, the cold spell seems to be over and probably is over although Sunday night may be the cause of temperatures low enough for some more snow (generally showers)

Wind is also picking up to.

If anything, given the temperatures overnight (6-8'C Max), it sort of has an Autumnal feel to it, like a typical October or November stormy night

Edited by SnowySouthPennines

Posted

Literally just reading snowysouthpennines post and the sky here lights up with lightning,no thunder as of yet.

Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,blizzards and storms

Yep - big flash of lightening and then loud thunder about 5 seconds after

Posted

Loud rumble of thunder here and big flash of lightening earlier. Watching aircraft radar and one flight coming into Mancehster has took a wicked diversion already as it's coming up southwards/.

It would deffo be bumpy ride into Manchester tonight

Posted

Mod thread looking with much more hopeful overtones for the next cold spell. Worth dipping into regularly.

I always go and have a read. I have no idea as to what they are going on about 99.9% of the time, but I just look for the words, *cold* or *snow* and if I see them, I'm happy! And, I'm happy wink.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

I heard two rumbles of thunder but missed out on the lightening, typical :p

Not heard any more rumbles for about 15 minutes, hopefully they're not over but as ever with Thunderstorms they're hit and miss.