Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Thunder and Lightning up here North of Bristol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Thunder and lightning in the distance. Seen 3 clear blue flashes and a fair few rumbles. Make that 4 flashes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Anyone else on here feels an 80s style winter... :-) .

I think and feel somthing good is comming for February down here in Cornwall and sw.

Hehe listening to vh1 in the 80s ..... Bring in WINTER!!!!! :-)

Allways the best month for cornwall i think.

Good to see heights building in the atlantic,keeps us on the right side of marginal a lot better than recently.

It's my birthday on 8 feb. Cant think of a better present than a bit of snow.

Posted

Thunderstorm? Well I wasn't expecting that!! A few flashes and loud booms of thunder, torrential rain too. What a weather week! Snow and Thunder!

what a shame they are not at the same time!!

only seen it once and i will never forget it, total whiteout!!

Make sure if you are flood prone to sort the sand bags i think there will be some sad sights on the news this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Allways the best month for cornwall i think.

Good to see heights building in the atlantic,keeps us on the right side of marginal a lot better than recently.

It's my birthday on 8 feb. Cant think of a better present than a bit of snow.

was saying the same thing to my dad today .

February is a good time for Cornwall and I feel something is on the cards for us this year .....

I have so many memory's of 1985.. I may have only been 5yo but the big snow drifts and deep snow just stick in me.

We are long over due a big event!

Posted

was saying the same thing to my dad today .

February is a good time for Cornwall and I feel something is on the cards for us this year .....

I have so many memory's of 1985.. I may have only been 5yo but the big snow drifts and deep snow just stick in me.

We are long over due a big event!

To be honest, i cant remember 1985 as being that special here.The only time i have seen big snow drifts was jan 1987,

Posted

To be honest, i cant remember 1985 as being that special here.The only time i have seen big snow drifts was jan 1987,

you might be right to be honest .... They were both very snowy years right? Would have been 7 so would make more sense :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

Thunder and lightning here

Posted

you might be right to be honest .... They were both very snowy years right? Would have been 7 so would make more sense :-)

If you put together all the snow i've seen here since about1980 , it would come to about 10% of what came down in 87.

It's a shame but those types of event are 1 in a lifetime i think.

would love to be proved wrong though.blum.gif

Posted

If you put together all the snow i've seen here since about1980 , it would come to about 10% of what came down in 87.

It's a shame but those types of event are 1 in a lifetime i think.

would love to be proved wrong though.blum.gif

for what I have been told we have had big falls in the 30s,40,60,late 70s in to the 80s...... I think we both have a good few more to see just yet...... Nothing better than seeing deep snow in Cornwall.... I know we could go to the moors or up north to see it.

But come on its Cornwall all the way for me :-) .looks beautiful when everywhere looks so white.

Posted

Oh my f-ing God - my partner and I have just missed being hit by a bolt of lightning at our side door whilst having a fag. It hit the wall in front of us 2 feet away - it's burnt the wall - it was like someone switched all the lights in the world out for a nano second except for one single blindingly bright thin line. I usually stand on that stop - I have escaped death by 2 feet! Never seen anything like it - can't believe it - in shock (no pun intended). Anyone else experienced anything like it?

Posted

Oh my f-ing God - my partner and I have just missed being hit by a bolt of lightning at our side door whilst having a fag. It hit the wall in front of us 2 feet away - it's burnt the wall - it was like someone switched all the lights in the world out for a nano second except for one single blindingly bright thin line. I usually stand on that stop - I have escaped death by 2 feet! Never seen anything like it - can't believe it - in shock (no pun intended). Anyone else experienced anything like it?

Wow! Sounds dangerous! Hope your both okay!

Sounds very scary. Hope you are both okay! No thunder in this part of Swindon, but maybe out time's soon.

Posted

Jesus! Glad you're alright. What part of Swindon you in? Must have been the flash I saw here in Covingham.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Just heard a cracking bang of thunder. Now patiently waiting for more fingers crossed.

Posted

Oh my f-ing God - my partner and I have just missed being hit by a bolt of lightning at our side door whilst having a fag.

How many more times...

Smoking is bad for you. Are you ever going to learn?

Posted

Just got home from shopping at Tescos in Newbury and what a drive home, south of Newbury we had flash flooding and lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

what a shame they are not at the same time!!

only seen it once and i will never forget it, total whiteout!!

Make sure if you are flood prone to sort the sand bags i think there will be some sad sights on the news this week.

Yeah, can't grumble though LOL. The one and only time I saw thundersnow was the famous event from 28th Jan 2004. Will never forget that weather event!

Thankfully my home is not at risk, but I certainly don't relish the possibility of being completely stranded for two weeks again like I was in November. Yeah, I think there will be too sad.png

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well the thaw continues.. cray.gif

3/4 inches of slush and ice on yard and drive which is quite hard to drive on still and around 6 inches on grass.

melting as I write this so not sure I shall get another official snow day sunday we shall have to see. cray.gif

8.1c