Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 05/02/13 08z ------->

A.J

Posted

I don't quite know where there met are going with there forcast for Sunday into Monday looks bone dry from midday Sunday :/ where as everyone else thinks the opposite especially Sunday night ?

Posted

I don't quite know where there met are going with there forcast for Sunday into Monday looks bone dry from midday Sunday :/ where as everyone else thinks the opposite especially Sunday night ?

Yup looks like band of rain will sweep through Sunday morning with the mild uppers then stall over the South East and Northern England turning to snow there whilst we sit in the dry gap :lol:

Still scope for change however !

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/em/em_forecast_warnings.html

METO warnings out

Issued at - 07 Feb 2013, 11:38

Valid from - 10 Feb 2013, 00:05

Valid to - 10 Feb 2013, 23:59

There is a risk that a band of rain spreading from the southwest during Sunday will turn to sleet and snow. There is the potential for accumulations up to 10 cm in places and the public should be aware of possible disruption to travel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i c there's yellow snow alert from the met for w.midlands for sun-mun upto 10cm of snow for both day's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Big snow flakes falling in stoke

Interesting , I was just looking at the radar and thinking we may see some snow from that later , certainly feels cold enough

Posted

It went back sleety then to rain but now its making more sleety apperance

Looked at the radar and it was a small pocket of prec that came over from the irish sea and over wales . The main band has yet to hit

Posted

i c there's yellow snow alert from the met for w.midlands for sun-mun upto 10cm of snow for both day's.

Cant it wait till a week later when the kids are off school . Theyve had enough time off this month already

Posted

Some Showers from the main rain band are slipping through the Cheshire Gap and Due Point's in the East midlands are very low : hmmmm Interesting ... :)

Posted

Some Showers from the main rain band are slipping through the Cheshire Gap and Due Point's in the East midlands are very low : hmmmm Interesting ... :)

How low??have you got a link of where it shows a map of the current dew points?

Posted

How low??have you got a link of where it shows a map of the current dew points?

Just using www.xcweather.co.uk , East Mids , Coalville, Birmingham areas all have a due point of 0 . The latest nae projected due points are below .

13020715_0706.gif

Posted

Just using www.xcweather.co.uk , East Mids , Coalville, Birmingham areas all have a due point of 0 . The latest nae projected due points are below .

13020715_0706.gif

Brilliant according to nae there meant to be dropping even further later on!!

Posted

Long way off, but monday morning in particular could be real fun for snow lovers! Great for me, as i have the week off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just covering their backs, incase it happens, so people cannot complain that they were not warned, sunday/monday will be a non event for the W Midlands

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just covering their backs, incase it happens, so people cannot complain that they were not warned, sunday/monday will be a non event for the W Midlands

Im travelling back from the north on Sunday afternoon so If I'm honest, I dont really care if it pours with rain all day.

Posted

12z a major improvement, low much further south, we'd get absolutely pounded with snow Monday Night if this dream run came off :lol:

Posted

GFS 12z still very keen on bringing the system back over us on monday

12z a major improvement, low much further south, we'd get absolutely pounded with snow Monday Night if this dream run came off :lol:

beat me to it haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Won't happen. Why ? Well, because whatever the models say, when it comes down to it, any even that looks really good for us inevitabley isn't.

Sorry just how it is blum.gif any mega event turns out to either miss us (mainly east midlands) or is rain...

The only events that come off are moderate snowfalls 3 to 10cm that hold solid in the models and have an amber warning put out by MetO.

Just my opinion :D

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Well it certainly was cold enough for snow here today, was -0.5oC when I got up this morning and struggled to a chilly 2.6oC. Was hoping for another big snow event to add to the January one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Please don't get your hopes up, when it comes to midlands snow anything more than 12 hours is FI. Heck, even the very last run before marginal events is often wrong (rain instead of snow).

For anyone to be getting there hopes up for Monday based on the models is just setting yourself up for what is almost inevitabley dissapointment.