Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 7th Februaury 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

yes looking out from back of house the bwlch is white and starting to get thicker. just drove up from ogmore vale and temp was plus 5 in car and got out side house and was 2.5 if the temp drops could give a covering. I would say the sticking line is 400m asl.

Posted

I wonder if we getting the classic stalled front just getting across the border and staying across Wales for 24hrs? the fax just out is suggesting this can happen can Wales steal most of the snow!and South West uk. PPVK89.gif?31415

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

We can dream Keith, 30 years of hurt!

FAX Trends

post-213-0-49310200-1360190361_thumb.gif

post-213-0-92554700-1360267557_thumb.gif

I wonder if we getting the classic stalled front just getting across the border and staying across Wales for 24hrs? the fax just out is suggesting this can happen can Wales steal most of the snow!and South West uk. PPVK89.gif?31415

I was hoping for a westward correction and there has been one tonight. The early severe weather warnings are a good sign but the charts on the MEto website, don't look snowy to me,

A massive range of scenarios remain on the table, with what happened last time, still a possibility.

Edited by Jackone

Posted

ian f on the sw thread said that he is suggesting more chance of snow there now. what does this mean for us in nw wales and the rest of wales?

Edited by georgiedre

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

ian f on the sw thread said that he is suggesting more chance of snow there now. what does this mean for us in nw wales and the rest of wales?

Thats probably the best news of the day, when they are forecast to get snow, we most definitely (unless you live in far W.Wales and and far SW Wales)

...Going to see what he has said! smile.png

Edit: Yes its amazing news!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Thats probably the best news of the day, when they are forecast to get snow, we most definitely (unless you live in far W.Wales and and far SW Wales)

...Going to see what he has said! smile.png

Edit: Yes it amazing news!

this bud: Very latest UKMO update raises, not lowers, snow likelihood later Sun for much of region. ARPEGE in agreement.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

The Modified UKMO output that he has also just posted shows snow for most of Wales (I think)

Edited by bradythemole

Looks a lot better than the last FAX, things moving SW, just what we want to see. Long way to go yet though.

The 150-200 miles shift I asked for yesterday is there

Posted

In spite of what anyone may think or forecast this one will go to the wire, as they usually do!

Posted

Looks a lot better than the last FAX, things moving SW, just what we want to see. Long way to go yet though.

The 150-200 miles shift I asked for yesterday is there

Pray does work sometimesgood.gif

Posted

Wise post from Essan in the Midlands thread this evening:

At the moment no-one including the Met Office knows where will see snow. However there is a strong likelihoodthat some places within the current 'blanket' warning area will experience disruptive snow. The early warning is exactly what it says on the box: an early warning. It enables those who may need to travel on Sun/Mon to know that there is a possibility their journeys may be disrupted. Better forewarned, than taken unawares. Nearer the time the area of coverage will change.

Always remembering as well that if there is a warning for a given area it does not mean that every single place within that area will be affected. Not even the MetO are able to do warnings specific to postcodes. Yet biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Have a journey planned for Sunday up to the South Midlands, staying overnight and back late afternoon Monday. What do you reckon peeps? At the moment, I still plan to go, but will need to keep an eye out for info nearer to the time. Looks to me as if the METO think there will be snow with significant amounts and disruption for some, but have little idea yet as to where exactly will get hammered. As higher res models come into play there will more than likely be massive downgrades for some and upgrades for others. Where will the white stuff fall in big amounts? Wales hopefully! cold.gif

Have a journey planned for Sunday up to the South Midlands, staying overnight and back late afternoon Monday. What do you reckon peeps? At the moment, I still plan to go, but will need to keep an eye out for info nearer to the time. Looks to me as if the METO think there will be snow with significant amounts and disruption for some, but have little idea yet as to where exactly will get hammered. As higher res models come into play there will more than likely be massive downgrades for some and upgrades for others. Where will the white stuff fall in big amounts? Wales hopefully! cold.gif

Truth is nobody knows at the moment although the signal does seem to be increasing, we only know ATM the risk of some significant is there so keep an eye on the forecasts and what the Met Office are saying over the next few days.

I feel we will get some snow but haven't the foggiest how much.

Posted

Oh how I love this image!

post-17320-0-78398500-1360276410.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Still urge to contain any excitement until saturday evening maybe even sunday morning.

Posted

Where is Wales ?rofl.gif

Quite amazing isnt it? Ian did say this could be the worst scenario for snow, I looked at the video which showed Monday's event and the rain turned to snow at 1/2am and it looked like the image above all the way and past 12pm ~maybe more than 10hours of snowfall I will take that! I really do think this could be better than the snowfall event in January, but it still needs watching.

Video: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2654675

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Only for it to get washed away by the rain.

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

GFS looks like it is playing down the event Sunday/Monday and apparent from elevations up northern areas it's a rain event., It is being said to be a mild outlier but not do sure after the BBC are even showing 8°C all day Sunday and we all know that will produce rain.....

Hoping for upgrades but I think the warnings are going to be modified for elevation and Southern area taken out.

Hope not....

JK

Posted

yes does sound as if as most will miss out on snow and have rain, and even if it does snow it be gone very quick with rain to follow.