Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 09/02/13 20z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Morning Ian, I read your earlier post and thought, there's no snow then I went outside to do the chickens and down it came, flake size increasing all the time but it appears to be quite dry stuff which means it is settling, lets hope it carries on!

Yes it's looking good at the moment.

Could be some decent totals by the end of today if it doesn't all go the shape of the pear.

It's also nice to actually see snow falling as far to often it just appears over night.

I always prefer to see it coming down.

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

D'oh, the 8.30 rain today radar shows the 'turning to snow' bit all round us - Bolton, Macclesfield and Stoke - and we're in a defiant blue rain blob in the middle. Push this way, won't you?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Wet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Rain here this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Crawshawbooth Ian61.

Quite high up then so settling shouldn't be a problem.

Dunnockshaw is about as high as where I live so I would imagine that it's white up there by now.

Posted

The lightest of rain here, it needs to be much heavier if we are to see snow, however it looks like it will fizzle out before the colder uppers dig in, Its a pope show, there is no evidence of White on ground below 350m. Ive not checked radar but suspect the gravide stuff is way to out South, angle of attack all wrong again for cumbria.

Posted

Yes it's looking good at the moment.

Could be some decent totals by the end of today if it doesn't all go the shape of the pear.

It's also nice to actually see snow falling as far to often it just appears over night.

I always prefer to see it coming down.

I know I won't get much done this morning, I also love to watch it fall and I can see this without standing at the back door with the security light on in the garden!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Seems sleety again now that it's lighter, the snow line is 30-50m higher judging by the hills that surround me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

It looked like it was trying to snow about half hour ago, then sleety, now very fine rain

Posted

Seems sleety again now that it's lighter, the snow line is 30-50m higher judging by the hills that surround me.

That's seems to tie in with what is happening in Bacup.

We are just on the right (sorry white) side of the snow line and the town centre is at about 250 metres.

It should drop though as the day goes on so more areas will, hopefully start to see sleet and then snow.

The radar is showing heavier stuff moving in from the SW and with the wind coming from the east conditions are certainly looking favourable for a rain to snow event.

To me the only spoiler could be the amount of precipitation around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long hot summers, cold winters.

100 per cent non event where i am...enjoy it if you get some everyone, but its going to rain rain rain