Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/02/13 20z --->

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I wonder if any of us will see at least a dusting from this spell. If it fell it would at least have cold ground to lay on this time. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Morning all.im very hopeful the coastal areas will see a few flurries etc off the channel over the next few days.should be interesting model watching over the next couple of days

Posted

This has to be the best shot for snow here even a few flurries would be nice, we have to have snow at least once this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

So,the pros on the MOD thread seem to be chasing the next cold spell again, before this one has even started.

Iknow this should'nt come as a surprise, it's what they do,but come on,it's march in a few days,time to think about spring i think.

The last 2-3 days has been a little reminder that spring is on the way and do you know what,it feels good,it lifts the spirit.

Dont get me wrong,i'am chasing the little blob of blue around my laptop just like everyone else.Praying for a snow flake,just like everyone else but to want the cold to go on and on and on and on,just seems strange.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

1.01c cold misty grey morning,

The Drive Leading to Herringston House O/S Dorchester, Snowdrops in bloom

post-18298-0-61367900-1361351664_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

So,the pros on the MOD thread seem to be chasing the next cold spell again, before this one has even started.

Iknow this should'nt come as a surprise, it's what they do,but come on,it's march in a few days,time to think about spring i think.

The last 2-3 days has been a little reminder that spring is on the way and do you know what,it feels good,it lifts the spirit.

Dont get me wrong,i'am chasing the little blob of blue around my laptop just like everyone else.Praying for a snow flake,just like everyone else but to want the cold to go on and on and on and on,just seems strange.

I think that people over there are just commenting and discussing what's shown. I too look forward to Spring weather soon but if it's not shown in the Models then I can't comment on it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Good afternoon. The wrist-cutting weather has moved in. :lol:

After a low of -2.8°C (lowest this year) it's currently 5.3°C

Posted

Well after yesterday's beautiful day today is rather dull with mist around, and chilly aswel especially with that easterly breeze. currently 3.7°C, 93%RH, DP 3°C

Posted

I have the time and inclination this next few das to test something to see if my sensor is getting sun/radiation affected, so when will

the sun shine again? LOL! Thanks for people's advice yesterday pm.

We finally, at last, have internet at home 20 days after moving into our new house! How it takes that long in this day and age is beyond me!

1.01c cold misty grey morning,

The Drive Leading to Herringston House O/S Dorchester, Snowdrops in bloom

That is stunning, it actually looks like real snow on the grass!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Very Dull and overcast afternoon,At least it's dry!!!!!!!! Need start Mod thread," The search for warmth and sun"

Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

The Beast of Dartmoor might be happy with Ian's latest tweet;

"W COUNTRY Some drizzle this morn; dry Thurs. By Sat, light snow in places; 1cm perhaps patchily in some E areas but Dartmoor could see 3-5cm"

Posted

Also away from cornwall march often yields better snow prospects than december with the sea being much colder etc so although I enjoy warm weather in march you can also see some very potent wintry weather especially the first half.

From an imby point of view winter ends at the end of march really. good.gif Last couple of days felt like nice sunny winters days with top temperatures of around 4 - 5c

"W COUNTRY Some drizzle this morn; dry Thurs. By Sat, light snow in places; 1cm perhaps patchily in some E areas but Dartmoor could see 3-5cm"

I'd be happy just to see a dusting on the ground to be honest.

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

I completely agree....and have been rather nervous of commenting in case I get shot down. I know everyone has preferences, but having experienced the weather over the last few days, to yearn for a return to grey skies, ice & the general gloom that surrounds winter does seem rather odd, but each to his own I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Also away from cornwall march often yields better snow prospects than december with the sea being much colder etc so although I enjoy warm weather in march you can also see some very potent wintry weather especially the first half.

9 march 1891 the great (cornish) blizzard.blum.gifblum.gif

Posted

Sod the snow, I want summer to make an appearance! It's been lovely here in the sunshine, although started off cold today.

Can't wait to be able to leave the house without having to dress up in arctic gear :D

Posted

Well it is another lovely sunny afternoon here on the Costa Del Solent after an overcast start. Minimum was 2C & at the moment it is 7.8C drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

You are right AWD... The beast is happy with that!!hi.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

It’s still winter so I want winter weather. To me at least, that seems normal. Should we get an early heatwave I probably wouldn't begrudge one but I wouldn't like to see the damage inflicted on nature and more importantly agriculture because of it. Nature faces enough problems from our extremely variable climate so I guess because of this knowledge, I want things to be at least seasonal. From the spring Equinox onwards, I will indeed be wishing for spring to arrive in earnest.

Currently sunny (yes!) cool at 4.8c AT and a 0.9c DP. I hope the frosts return tonight and for a few weeks yet.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Being a snow lover and with no expectation of it,with soaring heating bills I can ill afford, ive had enough of winter. What can be nicer in spring than sat in the garden of a lovely English pub surrounded by daffodils nurturing an ice cold pint of beer with the warmth of the sun on your back. Bring it on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Latest NAE showing the colder air over the region now. Friday looking particularly cold with some of the coldest upper air temps;

post-12721-0-98068000-1361373664_thumb.j

And Dewpoints;

post-12721-0-87416200-1361373681_thumb.j

Of the winter, we could see some rather bone-chilling daytime minima on Friday;

post-12721-0-23465200-1361373722_thumb.j

With perhaps a flake or two into Oxfordshire and Hampshire come the afternoon;

post-12721-0-23786400-1361373761_thumb.j

Posted

Yes I have had enough of winter now & chasing cold snaps that turn into a damp squib. The next few days are expected to be cold, grey & largely dry. Who on earth would like that sort of weather?!? Cold & sunny or cold & snowy yes, but horrid gloomy depressing days? No thanks! March is only days away so I would much prefer things to warm up now, it is the start of meteorological spring anyway so I shall be looking for (& hoping for) warmer weather from now on good.gif

Posted

I have had a think about it and spring is a mix of summer and winter so I'd like two weeks of warm summer weather with bbq at the ready and 2 weeks of snow and ice with sledge at hand blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Cloudy but bright here this afternoon in Falmouth but mild. Light snow expected Friday morning. :D