Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 19th February 2013

Snowangel-MK

Guest bjaykent

I know this chart is probably not that accurate but if the ppn stays as snow up to this point, this is the sort of accumulations GFS are showing up to Sunday evening. bit of a spike along North Kent Coast

post-16390-0-82137300-1361312937_thumb.g

Posted

I reckon we might get 4 or 5 inches by the end of the weekend, looks like a good 36hrs of light to moderate snow showers over Sat/Sunday

Well at least thats down on your 12/18" earlier in the week. Hats off for your enthusiasm though fella.

I suspect a light dusting for some parts of the SE/EA is the most likely outcome though

Posted

just so you know

i do not think the high pressure over us will be as strong as the charts have been showing recently

i am still calling look to our north east or east as we head into march

will explain more in time

Posted

Well at least thats down on your 12/18" earlier in the week. Hats off for your enthusiasm though fella.

I suspect a light dusting for some parts of the SE/EA is the most likely outcome though

If a streamer were to take place, we could be looking at more than a dusting. Very interesting model watching days ahead biggrin.png

Posted

no you know what you are doing....I am just here for the ride lol...so more of the hard stuff please its after the watershedacute.gif

no probs mate drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

My prediction was based on my belief we would have a Thames streamer this weekend, that is still a possibility although am less excited about the prospects of that than I was yesterday

As things stand I think the models and the Met are underestimating the precipitation of the weekend and there might well be a pleasant surprise in store, time will tell

Posted

What are the NW 10 day forecasts based on? - looking at those tonight my area is set t have almost continual snow from Friday till the following Thursday - not quite what the forecast on the BBC advised or anything like the Met Office forecast - how can it be so different?

Posted

What are the NW 10 day forecasts based on? - looking at those tonight my area is set t have almost continual snow from Friday till the following Thursday - not quite what the forecast on the BBC advised or anything like the Met Office forecast - how can it be so different?

blame yamkin rofl.gif

Posted

no you know what you are doing....I am just here for the ride lol...so more of the hard stuff please its after the watershedacute.gif

You've got JP on a buzz now. Better get the 3D glasses out and sit back as JP get's the hard core models out ohmy.png

Guest bjaykent

just so you know

i do not think the high pressure over us will be as strong as the charts have been showing recently

i am still calling look to our north east or east as we head into march

will explain more in time

I,m intrigued now John, do you think ppn will still be snow beyond the weekend?

Posted

13022418_2_1918.gif

think sunday and monday re cold and snowy, less snow monday though but still cold

warm up for 2 or 3 days next week then start to turn colder again

need a couple of more runs to explain

but i will drinks.gif

Posted

http://www.meteociel...de-rosee/3h.htm

have a look at these blackprince drinks.gif

Yes thanks John..is that in case I can't get to sleep lol I know I asked but its Not right all this top shelf stuff on here....I will let you know when I have looked at them all....I might as well get changed for work now !!!!! rofl.gif

Posted

Yes thanks John..is that in case I can't get to sleep lol I know I asked but its Not right all this top shelf stuff on here....I will let you know when I have looked at them all....I might as well get changed for work now !!!!! rofl.gif

hi mate

scroll down you will see the dew points already there

you do not have to look at all of it rofl.gif

Posted

sorry heres monday

13022500_2_1918.gif

Why is this showing heavy rain for the far SE? I thought very cold uppers, low dew points etc? Surely no rain?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Why is this showing heavy rain for the far SE? I thought very cold uppers, low dew points etc? Surely no rain?!

Probably another warm sector, they always seem to hit the southeast somewhere this year.

Posted

hi lottie thats monday and a tad mixing of slightly warmer air

sorry just seen post above

however i reckon these will change again tomorrow

Posted

hi lottie thats monday and a tad mixing of slightly warmer air

sorry just seen post above

however i reckon these will change again tomorrow

I suppose next Monday is miles away in the meteorological world :) All still to play for, liking Sundays upgrade in precip!