Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 19th February >

Liam J

Posted

Maybe but the forecast is for a hard frost across the region so I'd have thought that you've be joining in shortly.

TBH we've had more frost during this "milder" spell than during the previous colder one.

Same here, ironic really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Same here, ironic really.

It is but really it just about sums up what has been a strange winter, probably not that surprising though following on from a strange 2012 weather wise.

Maybe the unusual patterns will continue but this time with a very cold spring followed by a late but hot summer.

No science in that forecast, just a feeling in my bones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Getting cold, -3.1c cold.gif

Posted

Down to -3.7c now, looks like I'll record my lowest temp of the season tonight, certainly not far off the -4.1c I had back in January.

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Not as cloudy as expected today considering I'm in the east of the region, occasional sunny spells. Windy was noticeably colder but nothing too bitter. Setup like this for the rest of the week/weekend.

Posted

Very cold with not a cloud in the sky showing dawn in all it's glory. A hard frost with an overnight low of -4.7c, currently -3.6c.

Posted

The very hills I curse for ruining our snow chances during a convective are being praised for keeping the grey skies at bay these last few days, long may it continue. Temp rising slowy, -1.5c now.

Latest satellite image.

post-9615-0-84308700-1361436979_thumb.gi

Posted

My comment regarding cloudy skies and temps remaining above freezing during this cold spell is already bust, temp got down to -1.6c last night. Beautiful morning here with wall to wall sunshine and a temp of 1.4c, shows how much I know really. rofl.gif

Posted

The very hills I curse for ruining our snow chances during a convective are being praised for keeping the grey skies at bay these last few days, long may it continue. Temp rising slowy, -1.5c now.

Latest satellite image.

post-9615-0-84308700-1361436979_thumb.gi

Cloud has broken here this morning...... can live with this good.gif

Posted

The very hills I curse for ruining our snow chances during a convective are being praised for keeping the grey skies at bay these last few days, long may it continue.

And that is why we love living in the west good.gif Over a week since the last rainfall here, presume it's the same for everyone else too. Ground starting to dry out, although the back garden is still a bit boggy in patches. Sunny and clear at the moment.

Liking the sat pics by the way Liam.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

0.5C low here. Really does suck considering other places reached -5C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

its been sunny all day and its getting cloudy all of the sudden here now.

Edited by DavidCameronSucks

Posted

I notice something precipitating from clouds to the east. Any reports of anything falling?

Light snow flakes blowing in the wind here W Leeds and wind picking up.

Should be enough to blow them over 't hills..good.gif

Posted

3.2c max this afternoon, still well over an hour to sunset and the temp is falling away already. 2.3c atm under clear skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Getting a bit overcast here now. temperature about 3C.

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

+2.5C with a DP of -3.8C. Brrrr.

Posted

Leyland here gone down to 2C and the sun is not even down yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

We've had some very fine snow grains falling on an off today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not seen any snow grains while outside from work today but it's certainly felt bitter in the breeze.

Temperature currently -0.3c and dropping rapidly.

I certainly hope that any frost tomorrow morning is the dry type like this morning where the car windscreen was completely clear.