Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 19th February >

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

2.0C now, this temperature bores me. It's cold, not super cold though and not dropping at all really....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Gorgeous day again fantastic late winter weather. Currently -1.4c after falling to 0c shortly after 4pm.

Took the dogs up to Cogra Moss which is about 8 miles inland and clearly the air temp has been below 0c all day smile.png

post-9615-0-17823200-1361471597_thumb.jppost-9615-0-79270000-1361471619_thumb.jppost-9615-0-84563100-1361471769_thumb.jp

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Forget the Easterly rubbish and snow grains,get ready for a monster northerly and lots of snow,all from my best freind

the GFS 12z LOLblum.gif

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Forget the Easterly rubbish and snow grains,get ready for a monster northerly and lots of snow,all from my best freind

the GFS 12z LOLblum.gif

C.S

At what range is showing that northerly?

As nothing shown i think til up T144..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

At what range is showing that northerly?

As nothing shown i think til up T144..

Ha Ha

Deep in FI hense my tongue and cheek remark,very unlikely to happen.but nice to look at

C.S

EDIT

ECM Starting to come on board for a northerly at T168

If anyone is interested NAE gives light snow to the region on Saturday

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Anyone else just see Oxberry's forecast?, totally in stictches, blooming peed myself!!!!

0xberry is weird! seen her before on youtube and on here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

0xberry is weird! seen her before on youtube and on here

She made multiple bloopers.

'Temperatures -2 in cities, -4 or -4 in rural, oops i mean - 4 or -5' 'a gloomy night possible',

There were more but cannot remember them, i have nothing against her though, we pay enough for a licence already without paying for pro regionals, the only thing i don't like is she loves mild but thats here choice, she and Erouter are great entertainment, the bloke they have got in at lunchtime is just the same as well.

Posted

-2.5c cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

She made multiple bloopers.

'Temperatures -2 in cities, -4 or -4 in rural, oops i mean - 4 or -5' 'a gloomy night possible',

There were more but cannot remember them, i have nothing against her though, we pay enough for a licence already without paying for pro regionals, the only thing i don't like is she loves mild but thats here choice, she and Erouter are great entertainment, the bloke they have got in at lunchtime is just the same as well.

Not quite sure whether Diane Oxberry is a poor weather presenter or just a presenter of poor weather but either way she does get on my nerves at times, especially when she tries to tell us that we should all be grateful to be enduring the type of boring weather she enjoys.

That said though, she's better than Eno Equator or whatever she's called and I'd sooner have both of them than Fred "you deserve it" Talbot.

The more I think about it though, the more I feel that the presentation of our weather is as boring as the weather itself although in fairness to them, it's hard work to ramp up mild and drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

The gfs 18z is showing absolute snow heaven for us.....but not getting in the least bit excited as it will be gone in the next few runs...too good to be true im afraid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Chance of a bit of diamond dust for the region tomorrow although probably amounting to a partial covering at best so don't bother getting the sledge out just yet.

Then it's all eyes to the north for yet another episode of the wait for the downgrades show.

Some on the model thread are saying that us in the NW should be getting excited at the Synoptics for this time next week but after a winter of let downs, I'll wait until I see snow falling before I get into ramping mode.

Posted

A lot more cloud around this morning so not quite as cold as recent days. Minimum temp -2.7c earlier in the night, currently -0.8c.

Posted

Shame those charts are not for this weekend. I expect this time next week it will look very different. Still no sign of early spring warmth

Posted

Why do the Met Office seem to always overestimate winter minima temperature under cloudy regimes when a cold airmass is present? They go for minus temperatures often it never gets as low as they predicted. Also the forecast says widespread frost. What frost? It's a very dry airmass, you are not going to get a frost as such. You may get what is called a black frost but that's about it.

Posted

Some light flakes of snow blowing around here in the early hours.

nice