Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 2nd March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the Midlands...

post-10773-0-73287600-1362259921_thumb.j

Link to the previous one….

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75914-the-midlands-regional-discussion-12th-february-2013/page__st__760

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Only just took a look at the 12Z ECMWF and was surprised by it's cold, wintry North-Easterly outbreak in FI. Must... not... let... it... trick... me. Darn the models and their eye-candy outcomes. Sorry to disappoint you ECMWF, but I'm only going to pay attention to your dreamland outlook if it is within 1 second of coming off. blum.gif

To be fair, I personally wouldn't mind one or two late wintry outbreaks - some of the recent March's have been lacking much wintry weather, as longs as Spring contains its fair share of sunny weather too, just like what occurred today. (although like Gimmesomesnow/ihatetherain mentioned on the previous thread, we could see Autumn returning next week with the return of soggy conditions. He hee...)

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Looks like the dry, settled spell has another 3-4 days left in it. Some will be sorry to see it be replaced by more unsettled weather once more, whereas others will be glad to see the back of the cloudy, non-descript weather that dominated last week. Yesterday was a lovely, spring-like day and the fields have started to dry out so you can actually walk on them once more. However, looks like back to the cloud for today - at least it'll be dry.

Its set to turn milder next week with a push of air from the south to southeast and this will bring temperatures of 10-12c for our region, but it will be more unsettled with spells of rain and showers circulating around an area of low pressure to our west. Winds will increase too, and this will make it feel quite cool despite the higher temperatures. There is no particularly heavy rain or strong winds on the way though with light rain and a strong breeze probably being the most likely option.

It's into next weekend and beyond that the excitement builds with the risk of cold/very cold air from the northeast sweeping down over the country. It is currently out of the range to say it is a definite, or to pinpoint any detail but there is agreement from the ECM and the GFS of a potent wintry blast from about the 10th March onwards. At this time of theyear you need to see more special synoptics for widespread snowfall than say in January, but the charts being shown for next week bring those "special" synoptics.

Definitely some interest back in the model output discussion next week and i expect to see the return of a fast running thread, bickering, shouting, toy throwing and a little bit of useful technical input thrown into the mix too :p

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Posted

Absolutely bitter last night with everywhere frosted over, low of -4.5c, generally overcast thus far today though, Tuesday looks glorious ahead of the rain, 12/13c and sunny!

Posted

Glorious warm March sunshine today, currently hovering around 11c here.

Posted

Horrid day here..freezing fog till late morning and just +6c in the weak Sunshine this afternoon,now foggy and +3.2c.

Posted

The Beeb said temperatures would rise last night here,in fact they dropped to just +1.3c....now still only +2.1c...cold and foggy.

Posted

Rather dreary and damp, but probably better than tomorrow which is forecast to be wet.

What does anyone think about our snow chances for next week? It's looking quite promising I think, and even the MetO are on board.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Rather dreary and damp, but probably better than tomorrow which is forecast to be wet.

What does anyone think about our snow chances for next week? It's looking quite promising I think, and even the MetO are on board.

reminds me a little bit of 4th April last year, 1 day easterly 'toppler' not a good day for snow, was only wet and didnt lie

Posted

reminds me a little bit of 4th April last year, 1 day easterly 'toppler' not a good day for snow, was only wet and didnt lie

On the MO thread, they are talking about snowmeggedon, and mega low temps, which hopefully will be better than April 4 last year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Back to dreary grey weather after a few lovely days of sunshine. Currently 6.4oC, had a little light rain on and off today. Would welcome something more 'interesting' ! More snow? Bring it on!

Posted

Miserable murky day today, despite the mild air only limped up to 6c with drizzle on and off.

Posted

Looks a whole lot better than that set-up with a cold source of air from the deep cold pool to the E/NE. I would think that Sunday offers snow chances to start with if the ECM/GFS is right, although the caution is that the UKMO is not on board with that scenario yet.

Posted

I'm not getting excited for Sunday/Monday at all, it's the type that always downgrades last minute to -5/-6 uppers and high pressure to near.

Posted

Cant say i'm looking forward to a return to cold weather at all tbh, although i wouldn't mind a sunshine with heavy snow showers type of set up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep its got to that time where imo winter can go and do one. Actually turned out bright down here in Falmouth today and felt lovely. Still await a proper day of sunshine for about nearly 2 1/2 weeks id say. Hoping the weather turns warmer for when im back in the Midlands especially in April. Would love to start making the most of the hammock and chimnea in the back garden whilst im home! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Yep its got to that time where imo winter can go and do one. Actually turned out bright down here in Falmouth today and felt lovely. Still await a proper day of sunshine for about nearly 2 1/2 weeks id say. Hoping the weather turns warmer for when im back in the Midlands especially in April. Would love to start making the most of the hammock and chimnea in the back garden whilst im home! biggrin.png

Yes warmer and dryer ive got loads of work to do in my garden hopefully a couple of weeks more of this and then bring on the sun and ill be able to get on with it,

fingers crossedunsure.png

Posted

Certainly some sleetiness looks likely during heavier bursts of rain in the W Midlands on Saturday - particularly over the Black Country. Be interesting to see the next few runs to see if NAE maintains the snow risk and what it shows for Sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Certainly some sleetiness looks likely during heavier bursts of rain in the W Midlands on Saturday - particularly over the Black Country. Be interesting to see the next few runs to see if NAE maintains the snow risk and what it shows for Sunday

On the other hand the gfs shows the dewpoints way too high for any wintry precip of any kind on Saturday, but Sunday could well see snow over the Midlands if there is any precip! I expect there will be a few more changes between now and then!rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

post-6830-0-60487800-1362677449_thumb.pn

post-6830-0-39515900-1362677480_thumb.pn

Posted

Well that's a surprising turn of events, usually these fronts end up downgrading and ending up further south from us but this ones trended north with each run, at this rate it will stall across Scotland :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

yellow warnings out for east mids........................why am I the only person on here!!!!