Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 2nd March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

yellow warnings out for east mids........................why am I the only person on here!!!!

You are not alone! I was about to post the same thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

latest nae looks good tor the whole of the midlands saturday night into sunday, and still that low could go further north on monday would make things very interesting. looks like winter is back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Yes can't understand why there is no life in our Midlands thread!

I think people think it will just get downgraded nearer the event. I bet it will be buzzing on here tomorrow some intresting weather to come.

Posted

I'm still expecting a dry weekend here, Saturday/Sundays front to far north, Mondays to far south but the cloud from both will kill off any shower potential.

Posted

I shouldve predicted this about 2 weeks ago. Whenever I plan to travel out for a day / evening this time of year , some kind of snow / ice always appears.

Hurry up proper Spring for *** sake

Posted

One of the most persistently mistiest days I can remember here. Seems to be getting heavier too.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Very, very foggy here, was all yesterday and all today as well. Visibility down to about 10 meters at times. A real pea souper! Has rained on and off as well. Depressing weather! Currently 7.4oC.

Posted

yellow warnings out for east mids........................why am I the only person on here!!!!

In fairness I think a lot of people like myself are now in spring mode and lets be honest the most we will probably get is wet snow that won't settle due to the proceeding rain, I certainly think that is the best we can hope for at lower levels at least. Obviously hope to be proved wrong

Edited by Ryan05

Posted

Yup the 12z confirming what I suspected, this weekends front fizzling to nothing as it hits here Sunday then just a few polystyrene ball graupel showers Monday with the heavy stuff over the south.

Posted

I think most of us have finished with Winter now. i certainly have. Give me sunny days, 20c and a cool breeze. Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like Falmouth will have a lot more snow than the Midlands on Monday especially if the GFS is near right. Almost 24 hours of snow on show! Could be interesting here. Weve had 12 hours of a 1cm dusting so far over Winter! Could that significantly change?

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Looks like Falmouth will have a lot more snow than the Midlands on Monday especially if the GFS is near right. Almost 24 hours of snow on show! Could be interesting here. Weve had 12 hours of a 1cm dusting so far over Winter! Could that significantly change?

i really hope so for all you guys down in the SW, many of you have missed out, good luck mate

as for me i dont give one if we get snow or not, ive had enough of it, 2 meters level when i went skiing and two full days of heavy snow which created some great skiing conditions has pleased me

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

Oh i forgot to mention, interesting developments on the gfs regarding snow from around 132 hours onwards, an atlantic front stalling and coming back over us.. seems similar to what was modeled back around the 14/15th jan regarding the 18th jan 2013, from a different angle though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looking like we miss out here, can't begrudge the south coast some fun but anyone that states they'd rather it be there than here that's been pining for it all winter, needs there heading checking!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

That snow over the south west will end up being much further north by the time it happens IMO.

How much further north and what makes you think this

i was hoping for the same thing

Posted

That snow over the south west will end up being much further north by the time it happens IMO.

as unpredictable as channel lows can be i cant really see this happening although on the gefs it is over northern england, what is your reasoning? Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

gens-11-2-72.png?12 Would this have anything to do with it.

Staffordshire you just beat me to it

Edited by dancer with wings

Posted

Living in the middle of a few region, the midlands, wales and the southwest, I quite often find that lows tend to be further north than predicted. My prediction would be Birmingham south rather than M4 south......

Posted

Just watched the BBC local weather and it was showing snow for the Birmingham area from mid-morning.

(though she was sure it wouldnt settle at low ground anyway).

What are your thoughts .

Typical I may have to travel to Bham lunchtime cray.gif I know it may not settle , but I get very anxious just driving in it.

Edited by mr benn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Drifting Snow, Torrential Rain, Scorching Sun.

Just watched the BBC local weather and it was showing snow for the Birmingham area from mid-morning.

(though she was sure it wouldnt settle at low ground anyway).

What are your thoughts .

Typical I may have to travel to Bham lunchtime cray.gif I know it may not settle , but I get very anxious just driving in it.

mr benn....dont be anxious, just get a grip and give your car the autosock treatment. I drive happily in my bmw knowing that if the snow sticks, on go my autosocks and the car is transformed into a 4-wheel drive snow mobile. Works everytime and totally amazes all other car drivers.