Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 2nd March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Blimey, you're a pessimistic bunch today?

Snow CANNOT be forecast with any degree of accuracy at this time frame, and as to whether it settles, the last lot did after it had rained for around 9 hours before hand and it was more marginal than this.

Lets just wait and see and stay optimistic, we've had a good winter in the Midlands so far, lets see if we get one last decent snowfall (mind you, it could snow in April too? lol)

And it's still winter by the calender, even though the meteorological winter's over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

BBC forecasts show rain turning to snow tomorrow over the midlands.

Just for E midlands I think, best chance for W midlands is showers from the wash area sun and mon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Car'nt see it being that bad!!!!!!!!!!!! for a start surface temps to high for it to stick but maybe in the evening but that's only if its still snowing

and mod-heavy snow, but alot can happen with forcasting snow in just a short space of time

Edited by dancer with wings

Posted

Suprised the warning for snow hasnt been extended further east yet regarding todays possible snow

Do you mean west?

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Rain starting to turn to sleet here now.

Posted

So, it begins.

Hopefully we'll see a covering, I'm not all that confident of the channel low pushing this far north, but one never knows.

Anyways, good luck to everyone over the next couple of days and make sure you charge those cameras, as if it does go well, it might be memorable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

guys i c on the met's mobile site the yellow warning has gon and there's warning for wm. Or hasn't the met mobile site been updated yet?

Posted

Indeed, was expecting to be moved out of the warning zone. Not for us this one I'm afraid. Can't complain after getting lucky a couple of times throughout the winter. Remember, we got ourselves in on a fantastic snow event on the 20th Jan when we weren't supposed to. Might not be too popular if we steal another snow event!

Good luck to everyone else...all I'm looking for right now is a warm and sunny Easter weekend in 3 weeks time..then I'll be happy!

Posted

Forecast I have just seen on BBC shows some snow over the Midlands in the early hours tomorrow

and pretty widespread snow showers over much of the country, including the Midlands, tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

I should not worry about met-office warnings etc as things will change in the next 12-18hrs believe me. Seen this many times before, and this is not really a forecasting siuation but rather a nowcasting situation. Some folks will be really surprized by no warnings for there area only to see snow falling in reality!!blum.giffool.gifgood.gif

Posted

Good point, well made. Again, the 20th Jan 2013 is a good example of how we gained...and the 9th Feb 2012 is a good example of how we lost out in the West Midlands. So you never can be sure.

We've already nicked other region's snow events this winter though so we don't deserve to do it again!

But when has the weather ever been fair and shared out equally?! blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

cold with out snow is a waste of time and expencive and only a gane for energy companies. If we can't get the snow i would rather have the mild temps so i can get on with growing my veg.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It would be lovely to see some more falling snow just one more time this winter :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Even here in Fal may miss the majority of the snow now. Keeps shunting south but I dont mind. Today has been warm and sunny after early showers. Beautiful day.

Posted

Even here in Fal may miss the majority of the snow now. Keeps shunting south but I dont mind. Today has been warm and sunny after early showers. Beautiful day.

only one model though eh! im wishing you the best of luck though mate, shame if you got nothing

Posted

GFS also upgrading snow tonight/tommorow for the midlands

Have you seen the ukmo for monday though!!not even a hint of snow showers from the east!!