Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 9th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

will keep fingers crossed for just one last bit of snow then happily move on to spring and tend to my garden smile.png night blue

Night all x

Yep, Im with you on that snowlady. Nite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

will keep fingers crossed for just one last bit of snow then happily move on to spring and tend to my garden smile.png night blue

Night all x

Hi sl 36,

Probably in a similar position to me being in an outer London Borough, has to go some to get settling snow for any period of time in March but certainly not unknown.

Sorry, sl, my fault for talking about horse-racing!

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

ooooh exciting evenings ahead smile.png

Edited by hernebaylooby

Posted

Morning all - safe to go into the MAD thread?

Only a few posts there so far this morning, seem to be suggesting less of a snow risk for south-east England, more likely for the south-west as the front is deflected. But that's only my summary of only a few posts from only a few people, so make of it what you will (not much at this stage would be my recommendation!)

Helen Willetts forecast just now on BBC news channel showed snow in Norfolk this afternoon as the easterly wind kicks in. A 'smattering' of snow overnight in the south-east. Sunday dry 4c in London. Monday snow in the south-eastern fringes of our region - coastal Sussex, mostly coastal Kent, nothing shown for London or immediate environs, but stressed the uncertainty. Cold Monday 1c in London. Looking at that forecast, nothing major in the way of snow coming but our favourite word 'uncertainty' should keep us all interested!

AS

EDIT: Oh dear - Daily Express 'Big Freeze Blasts Back'.

Factor 30, anyone?

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

00z GFS continues to be furthest north with snow risk on Monday, though still to the south of London/M4. 00z ECM and UKMO GM show snow grazing the Channel coasts on Monday but not really get far inland, apart from perhaps Kent. Looks like the Channel Islands and Nern France will more likely get a pasting.

Posted

Only a few posts there so far this morning, seem to be suggesting less of a snow risk for south-east England, more likely for the south-west as the front is deflected. But that's only my summary of only a few posts from only a few people, so make of it what you will (not much at this stage would be my recommendation!)

Helen Willetts forecast just now on BBC news channel showed snow in Norfolk this afternoon as the easterly wind kicks in. A 'smattering' of snow overnight in the south-east. Sunday dry 4c in London. Monday snow in the south-eastern fringes of our region - coastal Sussex, mostly coastal Kent, nothing shown for London or immediate environs, but stressed the uncertainty. Cold Monday 1c in London. Looking at that forecast, nothing major in the way of snow coming but our favourite word 'uncertainty' should keep us all interested!

AS

EDIT: Oh dear - Daily Express 'Big Freeze Blasts Back'.

Factor 30, anyone?

Looks like snow prospects from the Channel Low may have receded for some on the overnight runs (still time to change hopefully) but keep an eye to the North. Warning out for some of our Northern members esp Norfolk / Suffolk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Morning everyone.. looking forward to the big dipper:

post-884-0-34798300-1362815350_thumb.png

all we really need this weekend is:

satelite: http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

radar: http://www.meteorada...&reference=true

(other providers are available!)

a view of the sky.. and er maybe a lampost

and some nice warm drinks.gifgathering.gif

Good luck everyone

x

Edited by Pixel

Posted

morning all reading the model thread could be a fun week,still rainning here 16 hours water plenty just in time for the big frezze sunday!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Sounds like the inevitable downgrades are starting to happen and everythings going south west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Sounds like the inevitable downgrades are starting to happen and everythings going south west

Hopefully :) Last weeks taste of Spring whetted my appetite for much more. Have this coming week off and have loads to do on my allotment, so snow would really Swearing AGAIN me off...of course that means we'll get a pasting lol

Posted

Morning all!

Why do we have weather and model watching specifically as a hobby???? doh.gif

Overnight GFS still has the threat from late afternoon tomorrow (earlier in EA) and it still hangs onto the South coast;

36_20.gif

42_20.gif

Into Monday and it's much the same again:

48_20.gif

54_20.gif

Still too far South for many in the region to see decent accumulations, I'm afraid from an IMBY perspective I'm a tad more excited this morning:

60_20.gif

It gets more intense but with little movement:

66_20.gif

Into Tuesday:

72_20.gif

78_20.gif

84_20.gif

A small reload Wednesday down here on the coast and over in EA:

102_20.gif

Out of the blue, Kent gets a heavy one:

114_20.gif

Thursday onwards we are back to more March like weather.

I know that doesn't suit everyone in the region and it's only one model giving one aspect, so I'll go and check some other stuff!

Edited by Coast

Posted

I think the Channel Islands will be the place to be come Monday - memorable blizzards in the offing?

Posted

OK, first of the hi-resolution models and it's NAE:

13031015_0900.gif

It's showing a lot less precip:

13031018_0900.gif

and not in our region during it's current time-scale:

13031021_0900.gif

It look like it could just be starting to show the extreme South part of the snow potential in it's last chart of the current output:

13031100_0900.gif

Not encouraging, but we aren't by any means there just yet....

nail-biting-disease.jpg

Posted

oooo help.gif

post-884-0-72998000-1362817496_thumb.png

When and where is that from Pixel, as the graphics are very different from those shown by Helen Willets at 7:15 on News Channel which had snow clipping the south coast only? smile.png

Posted

post-884-0-72998000-1362817496.png

Posted

Just noticed the purple plum tree in the back garden has burst into life with spring blossom appearing. Been working very long hours this week so have not seen the garden in daylight since last Sunday; quite a transformation! Not sure the tree is showing great timing though given the undoubted cold that is coming for at least a few days.....

Still mild here, damp but not actually raining, 6.4c (down from 7.2 at 6:30am).

Have a good weekend all

AS

Posted

Next hi-res model is our own NMM and it's a peach for some, especially if you are in the SW:

320eabb64f2a5dfc10b479323047e176.gif

That show substantial snow in Dorset and Devon, but it's not too dusty for our region, very much in line with the GFS but a little more widespread - I'll see that and raise you 10 cms in places? :lol:

Posted

OK, first of the hi-resolution models and it's NAE:

13031015_0900.gif

It's showing a lot less precip:

13031018_0900.gif

and not in our region during it's current time-scale:

13031021_0900.gif

It look like it could just be starting to show the extreme South part of the snow potential in it's last chart of the current output:

13031100_0900.gif

Not encouraging, but we aren't by any means there just yet....

nail-biting-disease.jpg

The last chart is only Midnight Sunday. The front isn't really due to push up until after then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

When and where is that from Pixel, as the graphics are very different from those shown by Helen Willets at 7:15 on News Channel which had snow clipping the south coast only? smile.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167

and yes... er these things get changed pretty frequently between broadcast and web, one minute it's there and the next its somewhere else. I remember one year it was snowing all down the eastern side of the UK and the TV presenters were saying rain, the meto must have had snow falling by their window and yet had nothing on their web graphics !

Depends where you look.. I always find the sky quite useful in times like these smiliz39.gif