Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 09/03/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted

Do you think it will be worth a drive to the Pennine areas tomorrow?

I was hoping the precipitation would be a bit more intense this evening than it currently looks.

Karyo

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

The road is covered now, -0.2C and still moderate/heavy snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

I was hoping the precipitation would be a bit more intense this evening than it currently looks.

Karyo

If the front stalls for long enough,i would say get up to Holme Moss in the morning....if you can.It will be hellish cold up there with the wind chill though.Grass and car whiteing over here so go for it.

EDIT it will have been snowing up there since early afternoon.

Edited by winterof79

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Karyo

Its looking good this side of the Pennines and the METO have forecast it through the night and well into tomorrow you should have

a good outing, go for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

100% snow here but NOT settling! Frontal snow is rapidly running out! I don't think there will be anything interesting from this front. Roll on convective Sunday!!! clapping.gif (I hope)

Posted

Well all it has done here all day is rain, rain and more rain, gotten eavier as the night as wore on!!!

Temp at 2.1oC

Posted

Rain here all day and still raining,horrible,miserable day!!!

Posted

Slight covering on the roof tops and cars in Good old Morley/leeds ain't half coming down

Edited by Love Snow

Posted

At my sisters on the lowest ground in Sheffield and the snow has been falling lightly for a while now. A dusting on bins, roofs and cars. Should be more intesting when i get home.

Posted

Heavy snow showers on met office site for all tomorrow evening into Monday so convection is now being appreciated by the met :-)

Posted

Good to see the Model thread turn into the South East regional thread again ;)

Posted

Still snowing here, probably around 1cm so far.

It's going to be a bit of a non event really isn't it? Model thread always turns in to a SE thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Good to see the Model thread turn into the South East regional thread again tease.gif

LOL i darent even go in there tonight, just heard the precip is gonna miss most southern area's so i reckon it will be a pile of dummies in there. Nothing to report back from where i've been today apart from some sleet (incredible it was). I see met office have changed showers being "mainly light" to "possibly heavy" which is a good sign.

Tomorrow evening looks like our best chance when the uppers are at there coldest and no effect from the warmth of the sun. Precip predictions from the NMM look pretty measly but if you look at North East Scotland there is a streamer getting going and NMM shows naff all for there at the moment. So things will just pop outta nowhere, radar watching it is! Good luck all wrap up warm that wind chill will eat you alive ph34r.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: deep snow/warm sunshine

Amazing isn't it how most peoples expectations have changed since the last few winters... I remember sitting through many winters in the 90's and 00's having dreamed about the chance of some snow! Now if we don't get snowmageden then the hole forum comes crashing down...(from a southern softy)

Posted

Theres significant convection to the north-east of Scotland now as the easterly flow and colder uppers dig in. As the front clears away these heavy showers should start to hit areas further south. They actually look quite intense, so something to look forward too!

After rain all day and a bit of sleetiness this evening it is now dry here. The temperature is now actually steadily rising as the wind has changed from E to NE, but the dewpoint is falling at the same time as the colder uppers slowly move in. I think it'll be quite a few hours before the showers reach this far south, so plenty of time for it to go the correct side of marginal and hopefully dry out the ground a bit after the half inch of rain we've had.

Edited by reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

still snowing in Sheffield up here, a nice 2 inches on the ground now. radar still looks to have a few hours left as the front is hardly moving.

Its a bit catch 22 realy as we need the front to clear south so the showers can start but if its sunny in the morning this layer will likely melt before its added to......

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Looks like the North Sea snow machine is gearing up. There are higher areas of CAPE pushing well inland today, so it's a case of wait and see to see how far inland any showers spread - the Met have heavy snow showers for here.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Just been out with the dog in the biting cold wind and the old snow flake blowing about lovely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I wish that annoying and useless front would hurry up and clear off/decay already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Later today is when we'll see more heavier snow showers moving in from east according to local bbc forecast.

Posted

Snow laying from approx 260m up here, bits of snow below that but not much and not so much above that just a nice covering.

Nothing drastic!