Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 10th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Am doing the happy (champagne infused) snow dance! Having a lovely Mothers day, supping champagne and no one, I repeat, NO ONE is moaning at me for flicking through radars, monitoring NW threads etc happy days!

I've also just made another bet with my brother that he will get a snow day either Monday or Tuesday (he's a teacher), probably a bit hasty, but some child keeps topping up my glass.....

Just prepared the kitchen for this evening's meal. . Roast Chicken with honey roasted vegetables, roast potatoes and red wine gravy. Oh and some chilled vino of course. All that is needed afterwards is some snowsmile.png

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

Well done Steve on posts and hope jp your doing ok

What's the chances I won't be able to get out of lyminge for dental treatment in morning?

Please say no chance!

hi sarah

no chance rofl.gif

well you did tell me to say that laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. It's very gloomy here in Ippy and any sprinkling of snow we had has now melted. But.....is there more to come?

Hope you're all enjoying a pleasant Sunday. And HAPPY MOTHERING SUNDAY to all you lovely mums here. :D

Posted

Cloud sheet lifting out here too in West Suffolk. Wind picking up and looks like some late sunshine. Few showers beginning to pop up close to here too.

Posted

Just prepared the kitchen for this evening's meal. . Roast Chicken with honey roasted vegetables, roast potatoes and red wine gravy. Oh and some chilled vino of course. All that is needed afterwards is some snowsmile.png

Or 50p sized flakes falling as you startsmile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

After the snow that fell this morning just some snow grains on and off over the past couple of hours.

Looking at the latest satellite imagery though some nice convection beginning to kick off over the North Sea. Could end up being a very interesting 24 hours or so for the whole of this region.

As outlined in the previous post, the majority of the convection (given the alignment of the flow) looks centred around the Estuaries....however, whilst this may be where the highest totals occur, showers are likely to be scattered in between the main convergence zones too. A decent covering for many overnight I would suspect at this stage

Currently 1.3c with DP -0.8c here

SK

nicely put. And about right i would say.some v,good signs for some REAL convection.....and migratation well inland à sure possible thing..

Posted

Or 50p sized flakes falling as you startsmile.png

Too smallblum.gif

Posted

Ok fifty pound size flakeslaugh.png

rofl.gif Mustn't be too greedy. In reality we want dry fluffy ones - if they get too big it means that they are marginal onessmile.png

Posted

Well, I must say, it's nice for the MetO to specifically finger out Medway in their SE warnings over the next two days. Really implies a Thames Streamer expected as, normally, that's the target zone. Still, can't help be pessimistic, even though MetO warnings have been pretty good this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

After the snow that fell this morning just some snow grains on and off over the past couple of hours.

Looking at the latest satellite imagery though some nice convection beginning to kick off over the North Sea. Could end up being a very interesting 24 hours or so for the whole of this region.

As outlined in the previous post, the majority of the convection (given the alignment of the flow) looks centred around the Estuaries....however, whilst this may be where the highest totals occur, showers are likely to be scattered in between the main convergence zones too. A decent covering for many overnight I would suspect at this stage

Currently 1.3c with DP -0.8c here

SK

Well said brother ;-)

Posted

Can tell you come from the financial center lol

lol.....mate ill take another Sunday like Jan of 1p size which brought 10 hours of snow/sleet/snizzle...was a great day with plenty of white wine...such as today...building up to the 'event'.........loving itbiggrin.png ...prob get nil but this is great build up ha habiggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Skys are really getting dark here in twickenham looks like something might start up.

Of course, the mighty England will be running out onto the hallowed soon :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

After reading all your posts I have just got a red wine.

Well if your allowed so am I!

No roast today as having steak and trimmings tonight.

Would be nice for one snow day.

Has anyone noticed all the snow or nearly snow falls have been weekends,the kids Havnt had a snow day here yet.

Posted

Well, I must say, it's nice for the MetO to specifically finger out Medway in their SE warnings over the next two days. Really implies a Thames Streamer expected as, normally, that's the target zone. Still, can't help be pessimistic, even though MetO warnings have been pretty good this winter.

Me too!!! May be a silly question but do you know of a link to a local weather station so I can keep an eye on temp and dew points?

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Stansted now has DP of -1c with air temp up a tad at 1c. The North Sea blob thing on the radar is interesting. It seems to be quite a static area of shower formation. Is this to do with water temp/salinity/depth in the area (sort of off the N German coast as well as atmospheric conditions?

Posted

After reading all your posts I have just got a red wine.

Well if your allowed so am I!

No roast today as having steak and trimmings tonight.

Would be nice for one snow day.

Has anyone noticed all the snow or nearly snow falls have been weekends,the kids Havnt had a snow day here yet.

why not...wine....cheese....england on the rugby.....snowwwwwwwwwwwwwww...loving it....biggrin.png

Posted

Me too!!! May be a silly question but do you know of a link to a local weather station so I can keep an eye on temp and dew points?

I tend to use Wunderground.com

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

12z NAE barely has the snow reaching the South Coast!

post-7073-0-86503000-1362927693_thumb.gi

post-7073-0-26751100-1362927712_thumb.gi

What a downgrade!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

A few small flakes floating about, a few bottles of Brains SA and England ready to start ....... Perfect Sunday afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

I've just seen the BBC News 24 forecast. Very underwhelming. Am I missing something here, or are their forecasts a little out of date?