Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

going again in greenhithe, glad I'm off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Snowing here in Ninfield this morning.............covering everthing nicely...........makes a March, Monday morning so much more exciting!!......... Have a great day everyone...........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Cold,grey no snow of any decript. But lets not forget,the Lps and any worthy convection, will most likely be this afternoon/through tonight....

the cold grey/dry id for where i am. Good stuff if your already seeing snow....

Posted

In Dartford, suddenly the small flakes have doubled in size and now we got Dallas's famous sideway snow, if this keeps up then I might be able to measure something for the snow cup, certainly interesting when the wind blows.

Posted

Ban you blow the snow over the downs as it seems to be missing me need a big push north.

It is going to be an interesting drive to bluewater today to say the least

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Flock of seagulls just flown past my house! Just shouted out to one of em' "What ya doing round here" Seagull replied "Severe weather further south" lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

The weirdest band of ppn I have ever seen the bottom is moving north the top end is more or less stationary.

Posted

Only just settling on the roads Tom, think I be exaggerating if I said we got a millimetre at the moment. But in my long life I have seen this type of set up before and just sometimes (not saying today is the day) but Dartford and north west Kent gets hammered. If these showers gang up then whose know what might happen, that's the fun of a Thames streamer, but whose know the wind might change then you end up with a Kent slapper and bluewater will be good if you want to see one of them. Sorry only joking all you lovely Kentish ladies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

morning, hope everyone is getting their fill of snow.

Current conditions here. Sunny spells and just some scattered cumulus blazing through on the wind. No real sign of any showers at the moment. Still a dusting on the ground from last night though.

It would be very strange to have a nice day considering a very strong easterly wind.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Dusting of Cat Litter here this morning, but as other East Coast Inhabitants say, that wind is the main feature! Cutting

Posted

Very disappointing this morning to see the heavy snow to the south so close yet so

far away. Looks like the met have called this right along with snow amounts generally

across east anglia and the southeast.

Could have been so different today with heavy blowing snow and drifting etc,etc etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

very light snow here, dusting on most things except the road, when is the main band ment to get here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

The Channel low, seems keen on progress on northern push,although typicaly the convective,occurrences off east anglia are somewhat holding things back. Thats just the scénario,that can see some burried while others wonder what all the fuss is about!!!.all needs watching...something must give...

Posted

Quite fine snow in Reigate, not particulalry heavy and patchy settling only, despite my current temperature reading of -1.6c and a dewpoint of -6,0c. Can make out Colley Hill through the greyness and it looks quite white up there. Pretty windy, but not enough snow falling at the moment to have much impact.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Guest bjaykent

Dark looking out into the estuary at the moment and another heavier shower starting, could be an interesting day on the Thames Riviera if it keeps this up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What's the plan for today

Currently snowing -I guess 1-2 cm but hard to tell as drifting

Nw says 35cm tonight !