Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Looks and feels like Siberia in Tunbridge Wells though not much is settling - am not looking forward to the school run! Ah well, at least I have an excuse to wear my Cossack hat for the first time, thus providing the kids with much merriment and embarrassment in equal measure...

Posted

Hmmm not convinced Normandy is going to get as much as they first thought, everything seems to have lifted off the coast for now and into the channel.

The placement is about where the models expected...what the models did NOT expect was the thames streamer to feed energy into the northern pasrt of the front and in effect extend the front itself as far north as south London.

Think this evening will be VERY interesting, especially if everything is a touch further north than expected.

Showers look limited to holding on the coast- however theres 2 / 3 lines coming ashore-

one for north kent, one over South essex & NW kent & one further north into essex-

lets see how they fair when they come over land!-

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

With the stuff from the south and the lot from the north sea,the S.E is beginning to look like someone has dropped a massive tin of pink paint over the map,it`s nearly all covered looking at the NW radar.

Just hope something productive falls from it. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Lovely great out there this morning, our first official snow in March since 2008 and with decent dusting at that, temperature -0.1C so no surprise it's settled.

Posted

Coming down heavier now blowing around in the wind, :-)

Posted

Went to bed with just a patchy dusting at 3.30, just got up and we are right under the shower train which in the last half hour has intensified and we now have a good covering everywhere, lots of thick clouds of blowing snow and between 1 and 2 cms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Really beginning to pep up here in Brighton & Hove , I think we've just entered the slightly heavier band, if we can keep this rate of snowfall up for the next 24 hours, which looks a possibility then i'm going off for a wonder up into the hills tomorrow morning. !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy frosty weather Cool Sunny Summers

Not sure if this is from the depression or a long shower, heavy "light snow" for last hour covering almost everything,very dry and blowing around.

Posted

Morning from a snowy Folkestone :-)

Light covering, I'd say 2cm where the wind can't get to it and still coming down. Small flakes though.

Liking the look of the radar to my SW..currently 0.2c DP -4c

Posted

Quite a heavy shower this one, as above post says almost on Eddie Lizard Category, reckon in these convective showers winds are sustained at 20mph and gusting to 35-40mph at times.

Heavier Snow now as I type

Posted

Interesting increase of intensity in the snow showers these past 45mins. I feel from now into this afternoon the showers across my location into Norfolk should become more widespread and heavier with the same applying to parts of Kent, Essex, Suffolk. Im expecting these showers to become more scattered and lighter later on across my location but of course the SE remains at threat from more prolonged, heavier snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Hi I'm in catford area

okay, well... it's gone dark here again and looking at the radar, the band to the south is moving ne and showers from the east are moving in.

and it's still snowing

Edited by El Pistolero

Posted

Quite a heavy shower this one, as above post says almost on Eddie Lizard Category, reckon in these convective showers winds are sustained at 20mph and gusting to 35-40mph at times.

Heavier Snow now as I type

Just skirted us here in southend could see it dark over your way though, just about to leave for work in leigh now.

Edited by StLuke

Posted

Does that mean we are going to get some :)

okay, well... it's gone dark here again and looking at the radar, the band to the south is moving ne and showers from the east are moving in.

and it's still snowing