Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/03/13 13z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, carry on here please, and repeat the following mantra after me......."snow, snow, we want more snow........snow, snow, we want more snow......snow, snow......." you get the idea! smiliz39.gif

Old thread here ------------->

Posted

Ok, carry on here please, and repeat the following mantra after me......."snow, snow, we want more snow........snow, snow, we want more snow......snow, snow......." you get the idea! smiliz39.gif

Old thread here ------------->

I don't want more snow just some snow!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

So question is are those showers ever going to make it to the west country?! They are steaming accross rest of country and even making it over mountains to west wales! aggressive.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

new thread same old rubbish for the south west. the only time in a long time that this a non margianl event and we miss out as the ppn went south!!!! Can't make it up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

So question is are those showers ever going to make it to the west country?! They are steaming accross rest of country and even making it over welch mountains to west wales! aggressive.gif

Well if they can make it over the Welsh mountains then they can make it over Salisbury Plain, currently the first obstacle for the showers. Maybe around tea time we will see something from those showers.

Posted

9781416984542_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Posted

cant see it lasting all day for us here ?? and ive read a few post suggesting we might get more tonight as well but i really cant see where its going to come from ??

Posted

If this stuff was laying, I'd need to think about some serious shovelling by now. But my path is still clear!! sorry.gif My son says it's definitely laying in Clanfield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl
Posted

Well the South Coast Snow Shield must have dismantled itself seeing as it is spring! drinks.gif

Light very fine snow on & off all morning giving a dusting on the rooftops & cars, none settling on the ground though. Things looked like brightening up a short while ago but the size of the flakes has actually increased. Enjoy this fellow coasties & Channel Islanders & don't feel guilty as we are often just as snow starved as the far south west drinks.gif

Posted

get a nice heavy burst and it starts to stick to pavements then just as it looks like its gonna go white it gets light again and the pavements clear again lol lol if it had all settled here since first thing we would be near on 10cm easy !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Snowing here now. Hope it last for a while so the kids can walk home in it.

Posted

cant see it lasting all day for us here ?? and ive read a few post suggesting we might get more tonight as well but i really cant see where its going to come from ??

The main front out in the channel may 'pep up' later and move a little more inland after dark. That is when surfaces such as paths and roads may start to get a covering with the heavier PPN and colder temps.

SM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

new thread same old rubbish for the south west. the only time in a long time that this a non margianl event and we miss out as the ppn went south!!!! Can't make it up

Well said and you can bet that as soon as the upper air temps/dew points etc are just the wrong side of marginal that we'll end up with a shed load of precipitation right over our heads.

Posted

The main front out in the channel may 'pep up' later and move a little more inland after dark. That is when surfaces such as paths and roads may start to get a covering with the heavier PPN and colder temps.

SM

to my untrained eye though it seems like it would have moved to far east by this evening to affect my area still ??

Posted

Well the South Coast Snow Shield must have dismantled itself seeing as it is spring! drinks.gif

Light very fine snow on & off all morning giving a dusting on the rooftops & cars, none settling on the ground though. Things looked like brightening up a short while ago but the size of the flakes has actually increased. Enjoy this fellow coasties & Channel Islanders & don't feel guilty as we are often just as snow starved as the far south west drinks.gif

Not feeling guilty, its looking now like a whole day of snowfor us south coasties! what a shame it cannot settle well.

Yes we are often starved here, but this year we have done well.

Last hour its settled some more and topped up what we lost since the early hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4VjN4Hk3W4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Incredibly windy outside now. The snow has eased somewhat and I will hazard a guess of approximately 2 to 4 inches of lying snow but with deeper drifts.

http://www.jerseymet...Radar/Radar.htm

Current temp: -0.2C

Edited by Fitzwis

Posted

The forecast on the BBC just showed from the Isle of Wight up to London & everywhere east of that getting snow until around 4am tomorrow!?! smiliz23.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

its looking now like a whole day of snowfor us south coasties! what a shame it cannot settle well.

Don't tar us all with the same brush! :lol:

Apart from what looks like cement dust blowing in the wind, we have nothing now, the dusting on grass surfaces has all melted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

its still lightly snowing here, but the temp must of risen as it is melting on the surfaces it had settled on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

http://www.jerseymet...Radar/Radar.htm

Looking at this radar I wonder if the low is moving ever so slightly more North East than it was last projected too? Or am I doing a spot of wishful thinking? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

There will be some fleeting snow flurries for us this afternoon but little settling snow as the air is far too dry with any snow just powder type. Even where it is snowing steadily most areas are reporting just light blowing snow which although very unpleasant and blizzard like to look at rarely makes any impression on the ground surface. Higher dew points are better for settling snow and we certainly haven't got those today though what we have got is some of the most significant windchill being felt over the area for many years.

Edited by Gibby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards of Dry Powdery Snow

Quick everyone, turn your vacuum cleaners on all at the same time; lets drag that low pressure system over to the coast rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

This is the scene in my back garden taken just a few minutes ago. Note the metal private property sign in the garden to the left of the trampoline. The wind has ripped the sign clean off the wall next to the wheelie bin in the top left of the picture and launched it unceremoniously over the fence into our garden! I am just glad none of us were hit by it good.gif

It's still snowing here although we appear to be having a respite from the deluge we had this morning and it's now very windy indeed. The strongest winds are expected between 3pm and 6pm this afternoon so time to batten down the hatches.

post-5600-0-30600300-1363008263_thumb.jp

Edited by Fitzwis