Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/03/13 13z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: after the last year not rain rain & more rain!

was under a met office orange weather warning last night, didn't know it was for the light dusting of patchy icing sugar sorry excuse for any real snow that we had!

one day south devon will see snow, Peter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

i think weve had are lot now here on the southcoast its stopped now maybe were get some more later but looks like dying out now.

Not bad eh considering a few weeks ago you were making comments about no more snow chances till next winter ;-)

Posted

Next shower incoming, shame these aren't heavy but still it's nice to see snow falling

Posted

Most of the snow 'dusting' from earlier has nearly all gone here, all off the roofs & most off the cars on the street too, just as shame that despite a decent amount of snowfall we have very little to show for it. Though it is still snowing lightly with a temperature of 0.5C which is a drop of 0.6C in around an hour! Dew point is -0.5C.

Yes, that was always the problem with a March snowfall, just a little bit too much power in the sun at midday. Let's hope for some more tonight, though I feel the radar might be taking it all into Sussex

Posted

Can people See my posts ????

I can see this one.

Posted

Early afternoon in almost mid March with icicles hanging from shed roof,,,,,,,,,,,,,Didn't have that in mid winter,,

Still light snow here in Weymouth. I also had icicles - hanging off the underside of the car this morning.....can't complain at that for mid March on the south coast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

was under a met office orange weather warning last night, didn't know it was for the light dusting of patchy icing sugar sorry excuse for any real snow that we had!

one day south devon will see snow, Peter.

I thought the exact same thing when i took a look at the Dartmoor webcam. I feel for you though! cray.gif

Posted

Can anyone help with this ?

If you are looking at the two lines then that is radar reflection probably caused by a tall building near the radar source. It is sometimes called anomalous propagation (anaprop for short) and can lead to ghost showers or rainfall.

Cheers

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Can anyone help with this ?

It's just corruption on the radar data.....happens quite often, especially on radar returns in the English Channel and the Dover Straits.....The term used is Anaprop short for ..anomalous propagation - when radar waves are refracted by temperature inversions down to the ground, and are then reflected back to the dish

Posted

Snowing here again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 4 seasons please

Some pretty heavy showers cropping up on and off here. Not banded together long enough to settle yet, but getting close!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yep, light/moderate snow shower here as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Flakes blowing around in the wind here in Princetown.... Still some snow on the grass. Is there any chance of the huge band over the channel shifting north?? help.gif

Posted

If you are looking at the two lines then that is radar reflection probably caused by a tall building near the radar source. It is sometimes called anomalous propagation (anaprop for short) and can lead to ghost showers or rainfall.

Cheers

S

Having gone looking for a link i think that i may be off with the term "anaprop" and that the two lines would be better described as "ground cluter". AJP is correct about anaprop being seen round the dover straits, not unusal to see false showers showing up just inland from calais under high pressure systems.

http://forecast.weather.gov/jetstream/doppler/ap_max.htm

Oh and to get back on topic - no snow in exeter. Again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

did a wrong link and doing a delete

Edited by ARTDEMOLE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

My Met Office App has just been updated to light snow both tonight and tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

HI gototlove u think we shall see anything in berkshire this evenig or are we on the fine line ?

Just a few passing showers I would imagine would be the end result.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

looks like we can see the back edge now on the met office rainfall radar looks like the snow event is over for our area although sussex east looks good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Snow all stopped here and what was here has nearly all gone. Back home from work and sad that its all gone.

Posted

More snow flurries here, could really do with some of those bright echoes making it here but they're passing to the north of me.

Posted

It is snowing!!!

Just a few flakes but it is more than I've seen for a few years so it'll do me.

Bitter cold out now.