Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/03/13 13z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Light snow now in Bristol. Its blowing around so much it actually looks heavier than it actually is.

Posted

Been snowing ever since I woke at 6:00am. For anyone feeling jealous then don't be, it is absolutely horrible outside in this weather. Horizontal snow that is blowing so hard that it isn't even settling properly on paths and roads. Also here in Bognor we only reached a max temp of 0.5C and it has been mainly very small flakes, just a lot of it blowing around. Heavier at times but even though I am a total snow lover normally I reiterate, this weather isn't fun at all. Temp now down to 0C and things starting to freeze, got showered by the gritter on the walk home just to add to my woes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Some nice snow shows moving down Cornwall on the radar :-), something's better than nothing after all .

Snow showers ..... Sorry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Snowing again larger flakes, Some snow left from this morning that now frozen,,,Service road very icy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

there is a trend for the showers now picking up and getting heavy in the SW.

I think that as the frontal precipitation moves away, there will be a lot more convective precipitation developing in the region, exactly as you've observed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

there is a trend for the showers now picking up and getting heavy in the SW.

Yes I agree, North Devon and North Cornwall could be the places to be to see some rather frequent SNOW showers over the coming hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in Winter, sunny in Summer :-)

Sun has gone, sky is dark and snow has just started falling here. Getting steadier all the time. Flakes flying around in the strong wind. Doubt it will settle but nice to see a bit after a snow starved Winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Radar on weatherpro (meteogroup) showing snow here for next couple of hours but nothing coming out of the sky yet. Not holding much hope for anything settling.

Come on summer, show us what your made of!

Posted

I hope that isn't it for Southampton. . . . Need a little north shift, come on snow come to mama!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Just made it home from work and snow beginning to pep up at Ventnor IOW, looking set for a few more hours.

Posted

Snowing in Coalpit Heath. Starting to settle on the soil and on shed roofs.

Five minutes later.........

It's stopped now, but the powdery stuff is still visible on the soil as it is so darned cold.

Looking at the radar, it looks as if we could get flurries galore coming across and down from the North East.

Edited by noggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

I am hoping that as the wind veers more north-easterly, the showers from the Wash northwards will affect a wider area of the South-West in their progression. They are already reaching northern coasts of the peninsula and the front has barely moved away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Yes I agree, North Devon and North Cornwall could be the places to be to see some rather frequent SNOW showers over the coming hours.

First decent one just hit Westwood Ho! - been nothing bar the odd flake, 'till now

Big flakes going horizontal in the strong wind

Alas, these showers are brief affairs. Some good looking skies now

edit, can see next one incoming !

Edited by stevofunnelcl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Couple of pics taken just a minute ago!post-12368-0-16482900-1363018183_thumb.jpost-12368-0-51085600-1363018196_thumb.jpost-12368-0-92763500-1363018224_thumb.j

Edited by bobafet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

After a brief respite, blizzard conditions are closing in again and it's just been announced all island schools are closed again tomorrow. Current temp: -0.5

post-5600-0-99320400-1363018179_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Just the odd snow shower here today but oh my, that wind is bitter. Been outside working in it all day, despite what the thermometer may say, feel wise this has been the coldest day of the winter - by far! I'm bleeding frozen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

Overall a pretty disappointing episode. The only extreme thing being the temps and windchill.

As for snowfall. This has been yet another event which proves just how much the exact track of the the channel low is of vital importance to proper snow chances. Even as I write this the radar show heavy snow pehaps 30 miles to the south of me in the Channel where it is happily melting on impact with the sea. A slightly more northern track and we'd have been talking about a very special event for mid march in southern England. As it is we got a dusting not a dumping and even the met office couldn't get the track right 12 hours before it all happened. ( not a criticism) , which just goes to show how hard it is to get it right.

Having had three channel lows in four days back in Feb 1978 that delivered copiously maybe i have used up my lifetime quota of the b*****s.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in Winter, sunny in Summer :-)

Snow stopped .....not enough to settle anywhere.... Sun came out again but next area of dark grey sky approaching so anticipating further white stuff in the next few minutes!