Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/03/13 13z---->

A.J

Posted

looking at the radar it almost looks as if the heavy stuff thats been sitting out in the channel all day might actually just make it on land !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow

Been snowing ever since I woke at 6:00am. For anyone feeling jealous then don't be, it is absolutely horrible outside in this weather. Horizontal snow that is blowing so hard that it isn't even settling properly on paths and roads. Also here in Bognor we only reached a max temp of 0.5C and it has been mainly very small flakes, just a lot of it blowing around. Heavier at times but even though I am a total snow lover normally I reiterate, this weather isn't fun at all. Temp now down to 0C and things starting to freeze, got showered by the gritter on the walk home just to add to my woes.

Try going up on the South Downs its not horrible it's absolutely awesome! Horizontal blizzard blowing and now intesifying, drifts up to the waist in parts, bitterly cold and almost whiteout conditions - bl**dy brilliant what a bit of elevation does. I'm lucky as I've got a Landrover and the access road, although snowed up now, is negotiable - but not for non 4WDs. My dogs had a whale of a time and got plastered in snow - I am a real big kid and just managed to tear myself away to finish off some work. As the snow is really pepping up again, I'll probably be back up the hill later on again - it's so rare down here you've got go and wallow in it folks! I'll try and get the pics off my iPhone if anyone wants to see? good.gifclapping.gif Edited by Purga

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Heaviest shower of the day, pretty cool to see proper powdery snow in March, the wind is blowing it along the road.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Just had a brief snow shower in Exeter. They seem to be getting slightly more lively each time they pass us now. Before, they were mostly just occasional flakes, but this last one had some notable flurries in it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Total whiteout here now with the heaviest snow we've seen all day so far help.gif

Posted

Try going up on the South Downs its not horrible it's absolutely awesome! Horizontal blizzard blowing and now intesifying, drifts up to the waist in parts, bitterly cold and almost whiteout conditions - bl**dy brilliant what a bit of elevation does. I'm lucky as I've got a Landrover and the access road, although snowed up now, is negotiable - but not for non 4WDs. My dogs had a whale of a time and got plastered in snow - I am a real big kid and just managed to tear myself away to finish off some work. As the snow is really pepping up again, I'll probably be back up the hill later on again - it's so rare down here you've got go and wallow in it folks! I'll try and get the pics off my iPhone if anyone wants to see? good.gifclapping.gif

Pictures would be great!! And from anyone else who had snow! It's easy enough to upload from IPhone/iPod's!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

What a cack day here in Frome, the very odd light flurry, but i`m very please for all those getting bucket loads. Look like south coast east of Soton are going to get a pile, heavy batch heading toward Brighton.

Good luck all, even in the north the showers have deluged everyone it seems (Apart from S.W)

Enjoy the snow folks before its gone at the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Pictures would be great!! And from anyone else who had snow! It's easy enough to upload from IPhone/iPod's!

How?!

Posted

Absolutely bitter out there today, that wind is vicious! Why I went to kick the rugby ball about outside at lunch today at school, I don't even know!! Needless to say, I didn't last long! Had some flakes here today, but not very much... This event just about sums up most of the winter, an event that's turned into a non-event!

Posted

Snow starting to pick up again in Portsmouth but looking at the radar I'd be surprised if anything really heavy makes it here now. Southern parts of IOW could still get badly hit in the next few hours I feel. Nothing on Jersey though, just how much have you got down there?

Posted

Just been out to make the most of this very rare late snowfall...

Portsdown hill has drifts up to your waists in some parts and the main road to Fareham on top of the hill is closed and can see cars buried under the drifts! Amazing sights!

Also (just) managed to get up Butser Hill. Is only accessible to 4x4s as the drifts are stupidly deep up there. Would not recommend going up there just to the shear amount of snow thats pilling up. We were there for around 30 minutes and already we had a 2ft drift on the side of the car!

Amazing sights today! One to remember!

SM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Flakes blowing around in the wind here in Princetown.... Still some snow on the grass. Is there any chance of the huge band over the channel shifting north?? help.gif

sadly not that bugger has resolutely stayed in the channel all day!

Posted

How?!

If you go onto the full version of the site, while on your iPhone/iPod (button at the bottom of the page) then go to the bottom of the page, as if your posting, then press 'more reply options' where it'll bring up another page. There should be an option to 'attach files' so press 'choose file' then it should give you an option to choose existing, or take a new one. Select the photo you want, and them when selected press 'attach this file'. It should then attach it after a few seconds... Then post! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
there is a trend for the showers now picking up and getting heavy in the SW.

looks like dartmoor is providing plymouth with a snow shield mind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

visibility currently down to 100 metres in heavy drifting snow, the worst it's been so far today - unconfirmed reports of 8 to 12 inches in Guernsey and 4 to 6 inches here in Jersey and rising ...

Edited by Fitzwis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Really? Doesn't look like a foot to me, but I'll take your word for it!!

Don't take my word for it, there's reports all over Twitter regarding '1 foot of snow'

Posted

looks like dartmoor is providing plymouth with a snow shield mind

I must be just the wrong side of the 'snow shield'. A few flakes earlier but that's it I'm afraid.